ATTACK of THE BEETLES

jpucci1

Jan 15, 2001
here in west texas we have these black beetles that are taking over our city. Ya, just like the movies. They get everwhere. Hundreds run the streets and when you run one over, his buddy picks him up and eats him.
Anyone else got the beetle thang going on this year?

Rent

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2000
I've been noticing those damn things getting all over the place here in Plano... I'll have to check and see how bad they're getting in Ellum tonite :(

jpucci1

Jan 15, 2001

<< What you need is a Revolver or a big White album to crush them :D. >>

it would take you weeks to kill all the beetles with a gun! Literally

Mikal

Platinum Member
Apr 11, 2001
Call Terminix and have them bring out the Yoko-onox. That will kill them!!!

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001

<< I thought this was going to be a VW thread. >>

It is.

You didn't know that?

CTR

Jun 12, 2000
I was just out near Midland last weekend and I know exactly what you mean. They are not nearly as bad here in Dallas. It is unbelievable how many of these things are running around out there. I lived there for about 5 years and never saw that many.

Once I was at a middle school helping my mom set her MS Word to use a default font size (for the third time), and I felt something on my left leg. I didn't think anything about it. I got up a few minutes later, and felt something crawling on my RIGHT leg. I freaked and pulled off my jeans and one of those GD black beetles fell out and ran off. So in order to get from LEFT to RIGHT leg, it must have crossed NO MAN'S LAND. I still feel violated.

Alienwho

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2001

<< So in order to get from LEFT to RIGHT leg, it must have crossed NO MAN'S LAND. I still feel violated. >>

LOL, i'm sorry but that is so hilarious.

Jarwa

Golden Member
Jan 7, 2001
We had an onslaught of &quot;Japanese Beetles&quot; last year. Those buggers were everywhere. I finally had to go and purchase &quot;Bag A Bug&quot; made especially for Japanese Beetles. It lures them into a plastic bag that they cannot get out of.

Fearlss1

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2000
Yes they are here by the billion as well. i have talked to an agriiculutral scientest. he proclaimed that it is from the Army worm.. And that the time frame will last between 2-3 weeks. Also the joke about &quot; His friend eating him&quot; That is correct these bug are canabistic... I will post the link abotu these bugs as soon as I find it..
_nate

beer

Lifer
Jun 27, 2000

<< I've been noticing those damn things getting all over the place here in Plano... I'll have to check and see how bad they're getting in Ellum tonite :( >>

I know! I live over in West Plano and they're awful. I have a screw off job at the mall and they look like the scarabs in The Mummy.

Rent

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2000
EDS keeps a good job of keeping those damn things out of the buildings up here. Other stores and companies I don't know about.