Attaching Retail AMD HS to A7N8X?? Anyone have probs

FFactory0x

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2001
Anyone have probs attaching the Retail AMD HS to the A7N8X. It seems as though the clip doesnt want to fit on the side where all the resistors are. Do i need to bend the clip to get the first side on.

MDE

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
You shouldn't have to bend anything. You may have to tip the heatsink to get it on, but nothing major.

FFactory0x

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2001
yea its really hard. Using the delux version of the board there resistors in the way only cause the retail hs doents move back and forth. Unlike the sk7 i can slide the click back and forth, i cant with the retail the click only moves up and down if you have any clue what im, talking about

hytek369

Lifer
Mar 20, 2002
Originally posted by: WobbleWobble
I was able to get my retail HSF on my A7N8X Deluxe no problem.

same here, it is stock, every mobo manufacturer needs to conform to these specs.

Wigwam

Dec 26, 2002
the screwdriver slipped once giving me a minor heart attack about scratching the pcb but otherwise no problems..:eek:

WobbleWobble

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Wigwam
the screwdriver slipped once giving me a minor heart attack about scratching the pcb but otherwise no problems..:eek:

I always hate it when I do that. I only use wide head screw drivers when I install them now :)

Wigwam

Dec 26, 2002
funnily enough me too :D
that and only using a hsf with the 3 prongs and a slot for the screwdriver!;)