Atta-Saddam Connection Memo Probably a Fake

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
I'm sure that Mr O'Reilly will report this. He was, after all, touting this (false)report on his show.

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
Most of the right wingers were. I only know of Safire. Of course if you repeat lies and rumors often enough people tend to ignore the follow up.

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
OMG! It's not REAL?!?!? Sooooo surprising....
rolleye.gif

But U.S. officials and a leading Iraqi document expert tell NEWSWEEK that the document is most likely a forgery?part of a thriving new trade in dubious Iraqi documents that has cropped up in the wake of the collapse of Saddam's regime.

"It's a lucrative business," says Hassan Mneimneh, codirector of an Iraqi exile research group reviewing millions of captured Iraqi government documents. "There's an active document trade taking place ? You have fraudulent documents that are being fabricated and sold" for hundreds of dollars a piece.

Does it strike anyone else as amusing there is a "thriving" forged document business? Maybe after we stated that Niger document written in crayon as a fact in the SOTU, they think we might just fall for it? Hmmm...I've got some paper and crayons....does anyone know how to write in arabic and want to make some spare cash?

:D;)

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Was the implication that the Iraqis are fabricating these documents? I wqonder if that's the necessary conclusion.

freegeeks

Diamond Member
May 7, 2001
the whole intelligence community looks like complete amateurs in this conflict

-the highly respected WMD paper of MI6 that was a 10 year old transcript from a student
-the Niger documents
-the Atta-Saddam connection memo
-the shiny Powerpoint presentation from Powell before the UN. 8-9 months later still no WMD.

and the spoon fed masses don't care about it.