++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 7790 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Ugh, we have hordes of crows around my neighborhood because stupid people feed them despite official requests not to. That are just off the hook lately. They used to roost about 75-100m from my house. Now they are roosting in trees directly across the street. Woke me up this morning. I'll try calling the city, but based on what some neighbors are doing - we can only use air horns to temporarily scare them off :rolleyes:.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Got my T4 slip the other day, I think I have everything I need to do mine now, so probably drop it off to my accountant next week. A little nervous since I cashed a huge chunk of my ESP last year so might get nailed hard. Hope I don't end up owing. I usually end up with about $1,500 refund so that should give me a buffer hopefully.
Most of the time the withholding tax on rrsp cashout are conservative, meaning they withhold a little more than they think you owe. You may get a bit more refund

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
LoL you don't read what they give you huh

There is nothing to read. I just see the money show up in the account, I don't really know how the calcs work out, and the stock price can change enough between the time I submit and the time it gets processed, kinda hard to really know if anything was taken out ahead of time.

I do get a T5 form but that's more accountant speak, no idea what any of the numbers mean. That's why I give that to pros.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
There is nothing to read. I just see the money show up in the account, I don't really know how the calcs work out, and the stock price can change enough between the time I submit and the time it gets processed, kinda hard to really know if anything was taken out ahead of time.

I do get a T5 form but that's more accountant speak, no idea what any of the numbers mean. That's why I give that to pros.

Err they send you an explanation of what was taken out of your account, how much was withheld etc. It's required by law. You didn't read it doesn't mean they didn't give it to you.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Err they send you an explanation of what was taken out of your account, how much was withheld etc. It's required by law. You didn't read it doesn't mean they didn't give it to you.

I get a basic confirmation sent but it does not mention anything about taxes. Just says that it withdraw NN units at NN dollars and that I should get it deposited in my bank account within a few weeks.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
I get a basic confirmation sent but it does not mention anything about taxes. Just says that it withdraw NN units at NN dollars and that I should get it deposited in my bank account within a few weeks.

Then just look at your T4RSP, it's the same info.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Wife's out to the movies with a friend. I didn't make plans. Bored NEF. I have two small projects to do, but my back is killing me - so I'm wasting time on the internet instead.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Oh, went out and bought two new wiper blades because one broke at the mount point. Now there is freezing rain falling. Rats.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I was starting to wonder if there was some weird satellite issue going on, turns out it is in fact solar transit season.

Found this neat tool to check that:

What happens is the sun will line up with the satellite and the dish and overwhelm the signal so it goes down for a short window, and it will repeat for some time throughout several windows. Happens twice a year due to the earth's alignment and geostetionary satellites.

Reactions: Charmonium

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Ugh, we have hordes of crows around my neighborhood because stupid people feed them despite official requests not to. That are just off the hook lately. They used to roost about 75-100m from my house. Now they are roosting in trees directly across the street. Woke me up this morning. I'll try calling the city, but based on what some neighbors are doing - we can only use air horns to temporarily scare them off :rolleyes:.

You do realize that crows communicate, are exceptionally intelligent and WILL seek "payback" against those who mess with their buddies right?

;)

Note you can also "make friends" with them and they'll "pass word" of that too! Since I've been feeding my neighborhood crows cashews and raisins my car literally NEVER gets crapped on anymore lol... used to happen nearly every day!

Crows Are Even Smarter Than We Thought (Smithsonian)

Woman Shares How Feeding And Creating An ‘Army Of Crows’ Near Her House Possibly Saved This Neighbor’s Life (Bored Panda)

Last edited:

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
In 2002 the MNR did a study on crows and why they rarely get hit by cars but often get hit by motorcycles. It was found that when there is a dead animal on the highway one crow will go start to eat it and another will sit in a high tree looking for traffic. Turns out crows can say car car car but they have trouble saying motorcycle.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Dead crows have none of those attributes. They are also silent. I don’t want them all dead, just the ones bothering me.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Captante

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
If you declare war on the crows, they might just do the same back! ;)

Yes, crows really do form gangs, and they fight to win: UBC research
(Global News)

cpt119341622_high.jpg

He'll cut you for a nickel! ;)

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
This house, this wondrous house! Zoom around a bit. To the north is the landfill, to the south and east are the prisons, to the west, the gravel pits. It's on the runway approach. The neighboring properties are in harmony with the setting.

Linky

• Haha

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Hmm, that open I’m my Zillow app??

Three cheers for autocorrect :rolleyes:

Last edited: