++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 7500 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Left a single facebook comment on American Indians (not a post, a comment) and, ever since, facebook is pestering me WEEKS later with these Indian photos as "suggested for you" items. Why? It was 2 weeks ago! One post! Now I'm supposed to have a deep abiding interest in natives?

View attachment 48560

Also I commented on a shared Nolan Ryan post, and FB is hounding me with suggestions of washed-up sports celebs.

Delete your Facebook account. It's the only way. Do it before it's too late!

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Woah did not realize it was this hot today. Only got home now so time to turn on the AC. Sweating in here. :eek: My cat also puked and the smell is much worse because of how hot it is.

Living Room: 23.9°C (+)
Hallway: 24.7°C (+)
Server Room: 26°C (+)
HVAC Return: 23.2°C (+)
HVAC Supply: 23.5°C (+)
Outside: 25°C (-)
Delta Temp: 0.3°C

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
My city is getting more and more ridiculous. Now they want to pass a bylaw to limit number of pets per household. Why? Why try to fix a problem that does not exist? Just deal with the few incidents that may be problematic instead of punishing everyone. I hate how governments always do that crap and just punish everyone because of a few oddball incidents.

There will be a lot of cats and dogs ending up being forcibly euthanized if they pass this law. My city also does not make any exceptions to their rules based on area when it comes to this stuff, so this will also apply to farms and rural areas. Some people own like 10+ horses.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
My city is getting more and more ridiculous. Now they want to pass a bylaw to limit number of pets per household. Why? Why try to fix a problem that does not exist? Just deal with the few incidents that may be problematic instead of punishing everyone. I hate how governments always do that crap and just punish everyone because of a few oddball incidents.

There will be a lot of cats and dogs ending up being forcibly euthanized if they pass this law. My city also does not make any exceptions to their rules based on area when it comes to this stuff, so this will also apply to farms and rural areas. Some people own like 10+ horses.
Your city experiencing population growth?

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Your city experiencing population growth?

Sort of, lot of new development, though their ridiculousness is also driving lot of people out so population wise it's not really growing that much. It seems the bigger a city gets the more ridiculous they get with their petty rules and bureaucracy though. It's a snowball effect too since that type of policy does attract karens since they love that stuff.

Just glad I finally found my off grid land, I'm far enough to be out of city limits and when things really start to get bad here I'll be ready to move.

I just hope my family does not move down south though, they sometimes hint at that, since they don't like the cold and with the city going downhill they are starting to see less reason to stay here.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
tenor.gif

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
I got ganged up on Reddit by some bisexual. When asked if I would date a bisexual, I said hell no. This wasn't the main topic, but this guy tried to make it so. I'm not a bigot, but wouldn't date a bisexual. I could be friends with them, but not in a romantic relationship. Evidently, that makes me biphobic. It's like I can't be liberal enough for them. I can't believe that I'm out of the ordinary. Anyone else encounter this?

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I got ganged up on Reddit by some bisexual. When asked if I would date a bisexual, I said hell no. This wasn't the main topic, but this guy tried to make it so. I'm not a bigot, but wouldn't date a bisexual. I could be friends with them, but not in a romantic relationship. Evidently, that makes me biphobic. It's like I can't be liberal enough for them. I can't believe that I'm out of the ordinary. Anyone else encounter this?

Lol yeah Reddit people get super up in arms over LGBTQSRTUV stuff. It's quite ridiculous really.