++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 7446 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I actually unsubbed from most of the news or politics related subs in the past year or so. Everything is just too depressing. Not just covid but the world in general.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I think if I get another dog I will name it Euthanize just to piss people off. Of course, I could never take it to the vet.

Reactions: bigboxes

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
I replaced my valve cover gasket this morning. It did not go as easy as I would have liked. The plastic bracket that holds the wire harness for the ignition broke. Old plastic is not surprising. The gasket was brittle like plastic. No wonder it was leaking.

64JXN5gh.jpg

Then when I took took out the ignition coils, the rubber boots on cylinders 3 & 4 would not come out with the coil. Good grief. So, I just left them down there with the plugs. I just needed to remove the ignition coils to be able to remove the cover.

fvxP7eHh.jpg

Here's what the camshafts and the timing chain looks like with the valve cover off. This is my first time doing this repair. Cleaned the inside of the valve cover with some brake cleaner and a nylon brush. Let it dry and then installed the gasket.

b84Swzoh.jpg

9QJhpDzh.jpg

I broke one of the two middle bolts that hold on the valve cover. I was using my torque wrench to tighten the bolts to specifications when this happened. Just did the rest with my socket wrench until they were snug. Talked to my guy to see if he can get the broken end to the bolt out. Went up to Toyota and ordered the replacement bolt. I may have to do this again. I guess it's part of the learning process.

SySjiwCh.jpg

Last edited:

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
14 TB drive integrated to server... now need to figure out what to do with the 8 2 TB ext hdd I have...