++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 7308 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Water cooled clothing would maybe work though, I'm surprised that's not a thing. I guess it would be kinda bulky and it would need to be hooked up to some kind of water chiller. Basically like carrying a window AC unit on your back lol. Make it run off Ryobi batteries and I'd be all set!

Now THAT'S a high thought!

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
cheech-chong.jpg

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Did not do as much progress as I had hoped, this just took way longer than it should have. Measuring, cutting, trying (and failing to) get everything 100% level etc. I had to kind of accept that it's not going to be perfect and move on.

6 more 2x4 braces to do, then I will try to force the crooked ones to be level, and I'm hoping that if I install the lag bolts and extra bracing while they are forced level that it will keep them that way once I remove the temp supports.

Either way, after a couple winters it's all going to move anyway. :p My parent's deck was professionally built and even that moves around over the years.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I lived in the desert for several years.
Thru trial and error I discovered that sunscreen really isnt the best way to protect myself from the almighty Ra.
Its better to wear light, thin clothing and a hat. And theres a whole line of fashion specifically for this purpose.

2017-Chinese-Linen-Shirt-Mens-Spring-and-Summer-White-Shirt-Men-Long-Sleeve-Solid-Shirts-Mens.jpg

Perry-Ellis-Drawstring-summer-pants-for-men-beach.jpeg

grade-8-panama-straw-outback-hat.jpg

This actually protects better and is easier than smearing yourself with goop every time you walk outside.
Where is the shirt sold?

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Water cooled clothing would maybe work though, I'm surprised that's not a thing. I guess it would be kinda bulky and it would need to be hooked up to some kind of water chiller. Basically like carrying a window AC unit on your back lol. Make it run off Ryobi batteries and I'd be all set!
Why not just sweat?

Reactions: bigboxes

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Think I'll take a break from the deck today. Kind of play it by ear after I eat lunch and finish my coffee.

I get Monday and Tuesday off too. Crazy how fast this week went by though... gone, just like that.