++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 7307 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I need to try to cover more area today when I put sunscreen...

The back is always tricky to do, and where I'm working the sun is always on my back. I'm mostly done the posts though so at least I'll be able to move on to other areas that get shade.

Those are just screwed in for now, going to add the supports, then any that are not level I will force level with a temporary brace, then I will lag bolt them all in, and hopefully they will stay level at that point when I remove any braces. Not really going for perfection here though, it's a deck, it's outside, it WILL move, bend, and deform over the years.

Reactions: bigboxes

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
4MJdUOP.jpg

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
use a spray on sunscreen dummy

Don't have any, and don't really want to start going to shop for some. Outings waste time, and days off go by fast and are short enough as is.

Did end up having to go to Home Depot for screws though... but it's peak of day, need to take a break anyway, sun is way too powerful at this time. I figured peak of day was more 11am to 3pm, but I find it actually starts to get real bad around 3pm.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I lived in the desert for several years.
Thru trial and error I discovered that sunscreen really isnt the best way to protect myself from the almighty Ra.
Its better to wear light, thin clothing and a hat. And theres a whole line of fashion specifically for this purpose.

2017-Chinese-Linen-Shirt-Mens-Spring-and-Summer-White-Shirt-Men-Long-Sleeve-Solid-Shirts-Mens.jpg

Perry-Ellis-Drawstring-summer-pants-for-men-beach.jpeg

grade-8-panama-straw-outback-hat.jpg

This actually protects better and is easier than smearing yourself with goop every time you walk outside.

Reactions: bigboxes

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Water cooled clothing would maybe work though, I'm surprised that's not a thing. I guess it would be kinda bulky and it would need to be hooked up to some kind of water chiller. Basically like carrying a window AC unit on your back lol. Make it run off Ryobi batteries and I'd be all set!

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Water cooled clothing would maybe work though, I'm surprised that's not a thing. I guess it would be kinda bulky and it would need to be hooked up to some kind of water chiller. Basically like carrying a window AC unit on your back lol. Make it run off Ryobi batteries and I'd be all set!