++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 7290 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Had to code a registration form for my church, as they are setting up two services with max of 60 people, for coronavirus guidelines. Talk about a crunch time since I had to do it while on night shift. Managed to get it done though. Now I'm just tweaking it and adding more features. When I'm off I'll make it look nicer. Not sure how long it will be needed for.

Only get 2 days off this time around though then start day shift. Going to be rough getting up early so soon after nights. I think tomorrow morning I'm just going to stay up. Easier to switch to day shift mode that way.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Had to code a registration form for my church, as they are setting up two services with max of 60 people, for coronavirus guidelines. Talk about a crunch time since I had to do it while on night shift. Managed to get it done though. Now I'm just tweaking it and adding more features. When I'm off I'll make it look nicer. Not sure how long it will be needed for.

Only get 2 days off this time around though then start day shift. Going to be rough getting up early so soon after nights. I think tomorrow morning I'm just going to stay up. Easier to switch to day shift mode that way.
Google docs

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Going to call it a night for coding. I think the form pretty much does everything they want now. They can edit/delete entries now too and there is better validation to make sure the info is entered right.

Going to pretty it up another time.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Going to call it a night for coding. I think the form pretty much does everything they want now. They can edit/delete entries now too and there is better validation to make sure the info is entered right.

Going to pretty it up another time.
It's a list of names. Why are you over thinking it?

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Was going to be ambitious today and replace both control arms, both sway bar end links and the passenger side axle. Last night, my research showed that to get to one on each of the mounting bolts for the control arms requires removing an engine mount on one side and the transmission mount on the other side. PITA. I decided that I needed to do more research before I attempt that repair. I've got a pry bar set with striker end caps that I ordered on Thursday. That should make the repair easier.

This morning, after viewing some video on replacing the passenger side axle, I decided not to do that either. A bearing bracket needs to be moved from the old axle to the new. I think I'm going to pay someone else to that. Too much uncertainty if I could be it back and working in a reasonable time. I have no garage and no backup vehicle.

But I did install new sway bar end links. I had a friend stop by with breakfast. He helped push down the sway bar to allow the top bolt access to the mounting hole on the passenger side. The drivers side went in without his assistance. I did eff up one of the wheel studs on the right front wheel. Guess I'll be replacing that wheel stud in the near future.

jte4POEh.jpg

OsMy4okh.jpg

You can see how the aftermarket design is better than the OEM. The new one is much beefier and better designed. There's grease fittings that allow you to regularly replace the grease to flush out the contaminated grease from the socket. Then there's the stud fasteners. The OEM one has to be cut off many times due to poor design.

Here's the end link installed on the passenger side.

981w0Gjh.jpg

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
It's a list of names. Why are you over thinking it?

Who said I was?

It's still something that needed to be done. Input validation, tallying up numbers, ensuring people can't double book or register to a service that is full, admin interface to see and edit list etc. It's not hard but it still needs to be done.

But yeah they are happy with it now. Only thing I didn't do is anti spam stuff, but if it becomes an issue I'll look into that. I imagine this is only going to be needed for a couple months anyway.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Wore a mask out in public for the first time today. They made it mandatory to wear a mask in local businesses for Tarrant County. I've had to wear one at work for the last 4 1/2 weeks. They suck. I have trouble breathing through the damn things. I got a new mask in the mail yesterday that has a couple of vents. But the thing is made of neoprene and makes it uncomfortable for long term usage as I am very hot natured. I'm going to try a bandana on Monday.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I have yet to wear one myself but I got one just in case a place makes it mandatory. At the peak of the pandemic I just avoided the public in first place and even now I don't go out unless I have to, though my definition of half to has been loosened up a little bit. :p I avoid peak hours though, like I won't do groceries on the weekend, and in the week I do it before 5pm.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Borderland 3 is not really engaging me at all. Same with Witcher 3. Path of Exile is more my type of game.