++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 7281 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Had early bbq. Stuffed.

71h4-SIMYCL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Found a piece of land, 157 acres for 60k, this land ticks all the boxes of what I want, even has a creek going through. Road access, and even a cleared area ready to build. Unorganized township and it's close to town! I can "technically" afford that with the credit line, and I have 32k of corporate shares (that will go up in a few years once pandemic is over) So tempting. Not sure if there is sales tax on that though, if there is sales tax then that would throw me over the edge. Basically adds another 10 grand to the price.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Couldn't figure it out on your own?

No, they want you to put two screws on stud wider than the fan box then try to hang it snug on the outside tabs... How about putting the screw holes on the inside of the box so i don't have to try to pull box down without any real way to do it and still have tight mount. It's retarded. Still have the tabs on the outside for stability but screw it on from the inside onto stud, like electrical box.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I hate bathroom fans, most start to get noisy and crappy after a few years and for the amount of noise they make they hardly move any air.

I ended up going with a centrifugal inline fan. No need to mess with ceiling enclosures as the unit is actually in the basement. When the door is closed the hand towels move because the fan is sucking air out of the heat register. Lots of power!

My sister's house has a really interesting setup for the bathrooms though, rather than have individual fans they have ducts going to the HRV. That way you're also recovering the heat from the air. It's a brilliant setup.

zzuupp

Lifer
Jul 6, 2008
there were a couple of folks at the Food Lion not wearing masks. So, call it 90+% compliance .

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Hardly anyone is wearing masks here. I would feel out of place wearing one myself so I have not bothered either tbh. Have not really been anywhere with lot of people around though. Grocery stores are probably the riskiest place though but try to minimize my visits. I also go to the smaller one near my house, less people.