++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 7212 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Don't think I've ever seen this much activity outside at this time of night. Something weird is up.

Some guy ran into our building, scared the crap out of me. Like not with a car, he literally ran into it. I just heard a loud bang so I went back to review camera footage.

Really makes me want to put cameras at my house too so I can monitor my place when I'm on night shift. This town is getting scary.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
The internet is boring at this time, there's nothing on. Maybe I need to subscribe to a different package to get more sites.

I say that as a joke but that's basically how it would work if we lost net neutrality.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
They have this job that runs that basically does pen testing on the entire optical network. One of these days there will be an actual real problem but it will go ignored because I'm just used to seeing like 20 Optera critical alarms. They should at very least setup this job in a way where those specific alarms are masked for that period so any other alarm that comes through is actually legit. I like to call it the boy who cried wolf syndrome. We have a lot of that here. "oh that alarm is not really that critical you can ignore it".

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
if anybody cares, triple X Bunker changed their layout. I dont know when. Haven't seen their site for a while. The new format looks nicer, but the actual videos are still shit like always.

By contrast, the Hamster now has 4K vids on their free site. Sign up for a free account and you can download them too.

Oh, and the Hub now has 1080p vids on their free site.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I think X Bunker is an online community for the AIX operating system. The hub is github. The Hamster is a site dedicated to new uses for duct tape.