++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 7199 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Supposedly they are concentrating more on plasma now rather than blood. If you want to donate you have to go to Parry Sound or Sudbury. Yeah nobody is going to be driving 3 hours to go donate lol.

I bet in a year from now they bring it back though. They're always talking about how they are in short supply. I always wondered why they can't just do it at the hospital though, the mobile clinic does look like quite a hassle to move around each time.

FeuerFrei

Diamond Member
Mar 30, 2005
My Amazon shipment arrived within 24 hours of me ordering it, and I'm not a Prime member. Nor did I pay for shipping.:sunglasses: This never happens.
They're supposed to dilly dally for 4-5 days FIRST, then ship. Must be seasonal noobs in fulfillment centers this time of year.

(4 items - one box)

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Truck is in the shop so I'm stuck at home. Hot my coffee, bought wine, got groceries I'd say I'm all set for the night. :p

Think I will put my Christmas tree up. Did the outside lights yesterday.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Ok time to do something productive.

Putting up the Christmas tree. I have a new tree this year that was given to me last year, will see how this goes. It's a tall one, like 6'+ Definitely going to need a stool. lol.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Who knew in 2019 it would be this hard to get music from an NFS folder to play in random on my TV. There used to be a "shuffle" button in kodi but they replaced it with "party mode" but rather than shuffling all the songs in a given folder it shuffles *ALL* songs that it can find on my entire network and not the folder I'm actually in. GAH why is something this simple so hard? I give up. I'll figure out something later. Literally the only time I want to play music on my TV is when I put up my Christmas tree so I can play Christmas music at same time. I'll just play it loud on my computer I guess.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Feeling pretty good right now lmao.

I realized taking a pic of my Christmas tree through a wine glass looked pretty skookum, but I needed more wine in the glass to really make a good picture and I had already downed a glass before that.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I want a friend with a VR setup. I want to try it out but I'm 99% positive that if I bought a setup that it would be in the closet within a month.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Snowing nef. Does not seem all that bad... but they did cancel the school buses. I think there's more on the way though, this is probably just the start.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I don't think vr home is going anywhere

Only way it will is if they standardize it but from what I gather every company is doing their own thing. Or is it actually standardized? Have not really read all that much on it tbh. It think it's a neat thing, but it's so niche and has limited games/applications now so not worth investing in it. It's kind of a chicken and egg game as devs won't code for it if nobody is using it but nobody is going to buy into it if there's no games.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
About twenty minutes ago, HR sent a new employee's (hasn't even started work yet) personal information to seven hundred other employees. I'm not sure which mailbox the HR person was aiming for but all_employees wasn't it. :p The IT folks have made the email magically disappear now.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
About twenty minutes ago, HR sent a new employee's (hasn't even started work yet) personal information to seven hundred other employees. I'm not sure which mailbox the HR person was aiming for but all_employees wasn't it. :p The IT folks have made the email magically disappear now.

lmao been a while since this happened at my work. I wonder if the last few who did it got fired and people learned better. All our main mailing lists start with underscore so I really don't understand how they would accidentally send them them. The best is when you have everyone replying all asking to be removed from the list.

Speaking of sending emails by accident one trick I've been using for the longest time is to type the email first and only put the recipients after. I've had a few instances where I accidentally sent an email while in the middle of typing. There is a shortcut key for sending the email with zero prompt or anything, so if you happen to hit it by accident while you're typing, poof! Email sent. Stupid design.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
So I got my autostarter installed now. $600+ later, yikes. I was kind of hoping for a fancier remote at that price, but either way I'm happy. I did get a 2 way so at least when I hit the button I'll know if it actually started.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
The wisemen aren’t supposed to arrive until the Epiphany. At least put them on a different piece of furniture.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
I fucking hate Christmas music. They never play any new music, just the same ones on loop.