++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 7020 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
YIKES I almost forgot to pay for my server hosting. I wish they would have auto pay like every single other provider out there, but for some reason they don't, so I have to do it manually.

I usually have a reminder on my phone but it just occurred to me that it has not triggered in a long time. I checked and bill is due on the 17th. Wow talk about close. That would have sucked. All my sites would have went down. I have a good deal on this server too so would be hard to replace it.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
YIKES I almost forgot to pay for my server hosting. I wish they would have auto pay like every single other provider out there, but for some reason they don't, so I have to do it manually.

I usually have a reminder on my phone but it just occurred to me that it has not triggered in a long time. I checked and bill is due on the 17th. Wow talk about close. That would have sucked. All my sites would have went down. I have a good deal on this server too so would be hard to replace it.

Today is 8th... 17 is more than a week away...

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
That's still cutting it very close. Had I not remembered today I would have lost all my web facing stuff like my websites etc. I usually try to be at least a month ahead. On domains I try to be at least a year ahead.

... Put it in your calendar?

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Heating up some Marie Callandar(sp?) chicken noodle soup on the wood stove. It expired in Aug 2006 :^D

Can's dented and a little rusty, but it looked ok inside, and has the heavy duty liner. I didn't know what I wanted to eat, and I've seen that can sitting around forever, so it's time to how well it kept. If it tastes too bad, I'll find something else.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Heating up some Marie Callandar(sp?) chicken noodle soup on the wood stove. It expired in Aug 2006 :^D

Can's dented and a little rusty, but it looked ok inside, and has the heavy duty liner. I didn't know what I wanted to eat, and I've seen that can sitting around forever, so it's time to how well it kept. If it tastes too bad, I'll find something else.

Can I have your stuff?

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Testing it for heat, it isn't bad. There's a hint of can flavor, but you get that with fresh canned goods sometimes. Should be hot enough in 5 minutes or so.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Same rule always applies. If you want my stuff, you need to make sure Fathead, Mom, and Spaz get fed every day. The indoor kitties are easier to remember since they're always close.

They are getting the same food you ate.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Sitting by the fire, and the cat's like furniture. When I get up, I have to put the cat in the chair, and when I sit back down, I have to pick the cat up and put her back in my lap. Ridiculous...

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Sitting by the fire, and the cat's like furniture. When I get up, I have to put the cat in the chair, and when I sit back down, I have to pick the cat up and put her back in my lap. Ridiculous...
Yeah, but you get to hold a purring cat, an amazing experience.

Reactions: lxskllr

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca

Haha my cat is like that too, but I find it's more like a small appliance. A heating appliance that has a vibrate feature. I totally skipped out on church today, I was just so tired and super comfy in bed. The cat likes to snuggle more now that it's winter.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
So I experimented with gaming from the couch last night. Not sure if I like it. The physical setup I figured out is ok, just a piece of plywood on my lap for the keyboard and mouse. The issue is because the TV is far it's not as immersive as a monitor that's close up, and text is harder to read. I hope that's not just my vision getting bad again though... but I was 20/20 last I got checked a few years ago. I imagine I'm due for another checkup soon, I usually get a card in the mail.

I'll try it out again today though, as it's a combination of things to get used to, different keyboard, different mouse, different posture etc. I can always just sit closer to the TV but then I have to rearrange furniture. Of course, this may also just be an excuse to get a bigger TV like a 75" or something. :p

Over all I still prefer gaming at a desk I think though, it's just that all KVMs suck and are flaky etc, and I need one if I want to game at my desk since my main machine is linux. And no a VM won't work, most games don't run in a VM, at all, like it won't even load. I've tried.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
officer I saw an UFO!

Lol won't be surprised I see something on the local FB page.

Technically illegal to fly at night though. But then again drones are practically banned here in Canada if you read all the rules. I figure our local PD has better things to worry about, at least I hope. Crime (as in, real crime that actually affects people) here is getting super bad.