++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 6700 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
About to work on my shed nef. Feeling lazy but I really need to push myself, warm days are rare here. Just applied sunscreen and giving it a bit of time to take effect. (more an excuse to procrastinate really. :p)

Today I plan to finish the gable ends, put drip edge and shingles. Never done shingles before but looked at lot of tutorials online and it looks fairly straight forward. Though I am glad I did look at tutorials since I would have done it wrong. The stagger pattern is different than what I initially thought.

Also realized I should have painted the drip edge before installing it, but oh well, not really a big deal.

Reactions: zzuupp

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Didn't end up getting as much done as I wanted to, took me a while to get started since I had a few extra steps before I can actually start to apply shingles, like putting gable (I think that's what you call it?) 2x4 pieces that I had previously not put and drip edge etc. So with all that I got about 6 courses of shingles done on one side. But it was starting to go fast once I knew what I was doing. I'll hopefully be able to finish it all on Monday.

I also went for a walk for well over an hour. It's nice that all the snow is gone and the sidewalks are no longer full of puddles and ice anymore. I kinda feel like a bowl of chips but that would defeat the whole purpose of the walk. :p

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Think I might be due to trim my beard again. Still debating on if I keep it all year round or not. I might shave it completely when it starts to get hot. Like, July. :p