++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 3740 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Been watching The Walking Dead most of the night. I keep checking for walkers every time I turn a corner now. I practically see them walking away throughout the equipment aisles. Almost done season 2.

raasco

Platinum Member
Feb 6, 2009
Been watching The Walking Dead most of the night. I keep checking for walkers every time I turn a corner now. I practically see them walking away throughout the equipment aisles. Almost done season 2.

Good luck. They lost me in season three. Hope you like it more than me.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
yooper_pcard.jpg

mnewsham

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
I call my boss this morning with 4" already accumulated and another several inches expected by noon, apparently we are still open even though the local and federal government is closed. So I need to show up for work.
I get dressed and such to go shovel snow to get the car out. After 20 minutes I go back inside to see I have a voicemail. From work. Turns out we are closing now and I don't have to show up.

God dammit.

I'm getting back in bed and smoking a fat bowl.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
I call my boss this morning with 4" already accumulated and another several inches expected by noon, apparently we are still open even though the local and federal government is closed. So I need to show up for work.
I get dressed and such to go shovel snow to get the car out. After 20 minutes I go back inside to see I have a voicemail. From work. Turns out we are closing now and I don't have to show up.

God dammit.

at least you got some exercise :p

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001

God dammit.

4" is enough to close work?

That's so cute!

mnewsham

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
4" is enough to close work?

That's so cute!

What you have to realize is we have a very high population density here(~5,300 people per square mile), tons of side streets and suburban developments which wont be getting plowed for at least a day or two, and even most of the main roadways still haven't seen a plow this morning, we also don't have enough salt seeing as we already had the 18"+ storm a few weeks ago and a few 4-5" storms before that this year. So yes, everything is closed here, county and state government as well as the federal government (most people around here are fed employees). I was more surprised my work wasn't closed earlier and they bothered to call in the morning shift at all.

Last edited:

Bubbleawsome

Diamond Member
Apr 14, 2013
I'm out of school even though we have 0 snow and it's 23 out. Town ~40 miles north got some ice and most of the teachers live there.