++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 3700 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mnewsham

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
alright finished my computer build today, but one odd thing has come up, the wifi card (rosewill RNX 250PCe) is capped for some reason at ~8Mbps download and ~2Mbps upload, I have a 30Mbps connection for download and 20Mbps for upload so it isn't my connection, my phone gets around these speeds from right next to my computer, but the wifi card has HUGE antennas so it SHOULD have better signal quality, any ideas as to why it might be so slow?

and yes I have the latest network adapter drivers installed, i already checked.

mnewsham

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
alright finished my computer build today, but one odd thing has come up, the wifi card (rosewill RNX 250PCe) is capped for some reason at ~8Mbps download and ~2Mbps upload, I have a 30Mbps connection for download and 20Mbps for upload so it isn't my connection, my phone gets around these speeds from right next to my computer, but the wifi card has HUGE antennas so it SHOULD have better signal quality, any ideas as to why it might be so slow?

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001

Uninstall the rosewill software and drivers. Let windows do that.

I would order a tp-link and RMA the rosewill. I love tp-link for wireless.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005

Rosewill, there is your problem...

mnewsham

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
Uninstall the rosewill software and drivers. Let windows do that.

I would order a tp-link and RMA the rosewill. I love tp-link for wireless.

I have a USB adapter that works fine, i'll probably just stick to it for now and see what rosewill support says when they get back to me.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
LOL my poor cat. So I used the last roll of toilet paper in the bag and just threw the bag out of the bathroom so I can pick it up after I'm done my duty, as I know she likes playing with bags.

Well she went in and rolled herself around, then all I hear is BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG. She rolled herself down the stairs inside the bag. She could have hurt herself though. I know not to let her play inside of bags near the stairs anymore. :p

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
LOL my poor cat. So I used the last roll of toilet paper in the bag and just threw the bag out of the bathroom so I can pick it up after I'm done my duty, as I know she likes playing with bags.

Well she went in and rolled herself around, then all I hear is BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG. She rolled herself down the stairs inside the bag. She could have hurt herself though. I know not to let her play inside of bags near the stairs anymore. :p