++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 3061 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fjmeat

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2010
Sure...though I'm just cleaning my mom's laptop of some fifty something bloatware programs...

just kidding - i love my macbook more than this ginormous desktop

what u using? malware bytes? ccleaner?

Barfo

Lifer
Jan 4, 2005
cclzd7t.png

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
I really wish I knew what was going on at work.

I'm not in danger of being kicked out (I don't think) but I am still a contractor. I need health insurance and it does not look like Obamacare will be of any help. Lil rudeguy needs a new $6k insulin pump and Christmas isn't far away...

Sigh....

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
I really wish I knew what was going on at work.

I'm not in danger of being kicked out (I don't think) but I am still a contractor. I need health insurance and it does not look like Obamacare will be of any help. Lil rudeguy needs a new $6k insulin pump and Christmas isn't far away...

Sigh....

check wwith insurance companies, they may have coverage for contractors.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
Not for diabetic dependants.

And not for a rate anything close to affordable.

Apparently "affordable care" is subjective

mnewsham

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
Not for diabetic dependants.

And not for a rate anything close to affordable.

Apparently "affordable care" is subjective

sounds like bullshit, Michigan is one of the better states in the midwest in terms of rates, what would you consider "affordable"? Also what's your income?

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
sounds like bullshit, Michigan is one of the better states in the midwest in terms of rates, what would you consider "affordable"? Also what's your income?

Affordable would be around $600/month for him and me. Income is somewhere in the 50's...

mnewsham

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
Affordable would be around $600/month for him and me. Income is somewhere in the 50's...

well that sounds like it should be fairly easy to get something in the 600/month range, in Maryland anyway a bronze level plan without any subsidies is only like $450, I can't imagine it's too much higher there, even the Silver tier is under $700 AFAIk.

With income in the 35K and up range though you are squarely in the section of the population that wont be getting subsidies, 50K for a family of 2 is a good income, especially in your state, you are solidly middle class.

In either case, you need to do more shopping around if you can't find anything decent at $600 if you want a lower deductible you might need to increase your budget to $750 or even $1000 (if lil rudeguy needs that much healthcare then paying more for a better plan will likely be cheaper than paying the larger deductibles)