++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 3040 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Barfo

Lifer
Jan 4, 2005
meh...Android has not launched any new features since 4.1 that make it worth the upgrade. Every time a new Android version comes out I put it on my phone and I'm always disappointed and end up going back to stock.

Hopefully the Note 3 will have Kitkat goodness. And hopefully Kitkat has something new.

Otherwise...I'm going to invent a flying toaster to ride to work.
Well, I went from 4.1 to 4.3 so I'm digging all the 4.2 + 4.3 changes plus some added snappiness from optimizations.

Barfo

Lifer
Jan 4, 2005
Actually, I don't think I'm using any new features yet...I'm probably just digging the extra speed.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
Ask for iPhone 5, sell it, buy Note 3, pocket the rest.

naaah...its not worth all the hassle.

As soon as I can, I'm going to pick up the Note 3/Gear combo. Unless someone confirms the Gear works on the Note 2 before then. If I can keep my phone and use the Gear, I'll do that.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
lol true - but its soooo user friendly!

jitterbugseniorphone.png

Barfo

Lifer
Jan 4, 2005
naaah...its not worth all the hassle.

As soon as I can, I'm going to pick up the Note 3/Gear combo. Unless someone confirms the Gear works on the Note 2 before then. If I can keep my phone and use the Gear, I'll do that.
Sweet!

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
Butter was already there in 4.1 right?

don't quote me...but I thought that was the big jump from ICS to JB. And I really haven't paid attention to versions. I know the latest is 4.3 and I'm pretty sure the previous version was 4.2.1 but I am not sure at all.

Barfo

Lifer
Jan 4, 2005
don't quote me...but I thought that was the big jump from ICS to JB. And I really haven't paid attention to versions. I know the latest is 4.3 and I'm pretty sure the previous version was 4.2.1 but I am not sure at all.
Yeah, 4.1, 4.2 and 4.3 were "3 different flavors of Jellybean", hence the minimal changes between them.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
Do you have a Note 2? it will get 4.3 eventually

Yep. I love this damn phone.

Besides the bigger screen, the photo snipping with the stylus is huge. Plus I have to work on spreadsheets on the go sometimes and this works great.

True story:
I'm standing in line at Qdoba and one of our reps calls. He needs some information off a spreadsheet I had sent him like a month back, and he needs it right now. No biggy. I pull up my email, search his name, find the email that I sent and open the spreadsheet. I get him to info he needs (I had my BT headset like always) and then resend him the email so he will have it for the future. Total of maybe 2 minute call but it showed how awesome technology is now.

Barfo

Lifer
Jan 4, 2005
I love my phone too...I even do productive stuff with it sometimes, but mostly I just dick around...

I use the shitty blackberry they gave me for work stuff.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
My phone does a lot more than work.

At home, its basically a tablet. I surf the net, surf AT, check twitter. And I love tower defense games, so I always spend some time at nights playing those. I just bought Humble Bundle 2 (paid $14) and have been playing Bloons TD a lot. Its a really fun game that is actually pretty challenging.

Plus it has monkey pirates. MONKEY PIRATES!!!