++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 1040 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
"Tom Brady (three), Ben Roethlisberger (two), Drew Brees, Eli Manning and Aaron Rodgers (one each). Other than Peyton Manning, who sat out the entire season, there are no other active starting quarterbacks in the league who have won a Super Bowl. Those six elite QBs have combined to win nine of the most recent 10 Super Bowls

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...1/03/playoff.preview/index.html#ixzz1iQ4Kcvzv"

Bad SI, bad! Rings do not make elites.

busydude

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2010
I've tried following football(I suppose it is the easiest way to strike up a conversation with an American male), but I could not get into it. My interest in sports has waned after I arrived in the US.. not including F1.

I am not even enjoying cricket these days.. although, I am happy that India is getting their ass kicked in Australia.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
I've tried following football(I suppose it is the easiest way to strike up a conversation with an American male), but I could not get into it. My interest in sports has waned after I arrived in the US.. not including F1.

I am not even enjoying cricket these days.. although, I am happy that India is getting their ass kicked in Australia.

Where are you from?

RPD

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
It helps getting into a sport if you have some skin involved. Either like a team for what they are doing, or like and individual star on the team for that they are doing or who they are as a person.

I'm a 49er fan and have been since I saw them win the super bowl against the Bengals back when I was in kindergarden. I also like Peyton Manning for what he did to offensive, play calling and audibles. It also helps he's humble and can make fun of himself, so I like to follow Indy as well (team he's currently on).

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Yeah. NEP were the best IIRC. NEP Vs. IC match was pretty good.

I was rooting for GB that season.. although I didn't know much.

The Pats went 16-0 in the regular season. And I'm a Pats fan, so I greatly enjoyed that season. Until the end, which will never be discussed.

Nothing wrong with Green Bay.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
It helps getting into a sport if you have some skin involved. Either like a team for what they are doing, or like and individual star on the team for that they are doing or who they are as a person.

I'm a 49er fan and have been since I saw them win the super bowl against the Bengals back when I was in kindergarden. I also like Peyton Manning for what he did to offensive, play calling and audibles. It also helps he's humble and can make fun of himself, so I like to follow Indy as well (team he's currently on).

For me, New England Patriots play an hour from my house. It's the home team, which is the biggest way people end up choosing their team.

RPD

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
Or you can use my NBA approach. I hate the Lakers and don't really care for any team in particular. I followed the Celtics after they beat them in the finals a few years ago (and sending Lebron home early for several years). Now because Dallas beat the Heat, I kinda like them.