++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 1002 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
I passed up a really great deal several months ago, I forget the stuff from it, I think Yamaha and Klipsch?

Anyways, I figured it'd probably be overkill for me, and besides, my computer bench doesn't really have enough depth to hold the speakers properly.

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005
I passed up a really great deal several months ago, I forget the stuff from it, I think Yamaha and Klipsch?

Anyways, I figured it'd probably be overkill for me, and besides, my computer bench doesn't really have enough depth to hold the speakers properly.

Get creative! (and no I'm not talking about the crummy pc sound brand!)

speaker_on_a_boat.jpg

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007

Check Amazon and year-old receiver models. When I bought my receiver last year, I got the 2010 model (the 2011 models had already been released) for nearly 50% off. I wound up with an $850 receiver for $500.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Check Amazon and year-old receiver models. When I bought my receiver last year, I got the 2010 model (the 2011 models had already been released) for nearly 50% off. I wound up with an $850 receiver for $500.

Mostly idle musings, I'm not too keen on spending multiple hundreds on sound equipment.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Move the desk away from the wall!

I assure you that cannot happen. The "desk" is a 8'6" by 30" countertop, made of two sheets of particle board, laminated top, and braced and secured with 2x4's and about 30 screws. I can quite literally sit on the middle of this, and it does not bend at all.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Of course, that's a far cry from the basement workshop bench. That's a two segment wall mount bench that could be used for automotive engine work.

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005
I assure you that cannot happen. The "desk" is a 8'6" by 30" countertop, made of two sheets of particle board, laminated top, and braced and secured with 2x4's and about 30 screws. I can quite literally sit on the middle of this, and it does not bend at all.

Hire the folks that (removed) this ferry, I'm sure it will be no problem. ;)

ferry-house.jpg