++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 822 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
C allows you to start coding right away but it's very low level. OO programming requires you to first learn a new way of thinking. The OO paradigm. Before actually doing any coding. It's a lot more initial investment but it's really how all modern coding is done and large projects just couldn't be done nowadays without OO desing.

I'm still partial to Assembly code. :cool:

Locut0s

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
The cold is getting to you ;)

New Year's Eve

Fuck.

I don't have a cold.

I had a blocked colon / intestine. VERY painful and had to clear it up with an enema :oops: I still feel persistently nauseous and my intestines ache all over. I may have IBS or something like it.

Chugging the water and laxatives right now. Hoping to get regular.

Also started my workouts again and changing my diet.

Also changing up the antidepressants I'm on.

Locut0s

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
Assembly rocks. Do they even make you take any form of it in school nowadays? I took 3 different courses -- one was x86 assembly, then DSP 56000 assembly, and then DSP 96000 assembly. Not to mention my time with C64 assembly as a kid.

Depends on the degree and school I think. Yeah they do still teach it.

Locut0s

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
The cold. Meaning the cold air
Your cold. The cold that your body possess

:D

Sure, sure. Again relatively speaking GA is hot compared to Vancouver any time of the year. But Vancouver is warm compared to the rest of Canada so I don't think of the air as being cold.

*goes and turns the thermostat up in his Igloo*

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
Depends on the degree and school I think. Yeah they do still teach it.

My degree was EE. Pascal was required and I believe the x86 assembly course was too. That was a hardware/software course; we had 80186 dev. kits with interfaces where we could connect circuits we made to make control mechanisms. I remember making an elevator control mechanism (I believe it was that course).

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005
Yes, he annoys all of AT with his inane babbling. :awe:

That's a different HAL. Someone thought it would be cute to take each sequential letter after IBM to get HAL and add 9000 to it because, well it sounds cool and stuff. <you know>

alfa147x

Lifer
Jul 14, 2005
Sure, sure. Again relatively speaking GA is hot compared to Vancouver any time of the year. But Vancouver is warm compared to the rest of Canada so I don't think of the air as being cold.

*goes and turns the thermostat up in his Igloo*

I turned the heat on for the 1st time this year

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Assembly rocks. Do they even make you take any form of it in school nowadays? I took 3 different courses -- one was x86 assembly, then DSP 56000 assembly, and then DSP 96000 assembly. Not to mention my time with C64 assembly as a kid.

Nope. C is it for EE's now.

zzuupp

Lifer
Jul 6, 2008
That's a different HAL. Someone thought it would be cute to take each sequential letter after IBM to get HAL and add 9000 to it because, well it sounds cool and stuff. <you know>

I've heard conflicting stories. It might have been just a coincidence.

Locut0s

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
I turned the heat on for the 1st time this year

What's the average temp like there around this time of year? Here it's in the single digits C around now. So like around 41F. It does get blow zero in Dec and Jan but not a huge amount. NOTHING like the rest of Canada where it can easily hit -30C (-22F) or much less.

alfa147x

Lifer
Jul 14, 2005
What's the average temp like there around this time of year? Here it's in the single digits C around now. So like around 41F. It does get blow zero in Dec and Jan but not a huge amount. NOTHING like the rest of Canada where it can easily hit -30C (-22F) or much less.

SwzaT.png

QhegE.png