++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 512 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
I thought the purpose of having a thermosetting case was durability so you did not need a case to protect it! That's like wearing a raincoat - over top a raincoat! :biggrin:

I'm a bit paranoid and a tad OCD on cleanliness and ritualization. A secondary case makes me happier.

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005
I'm a bit paranoid and a tad OCD on cleanliness and ritualization. A secondary case makes me happier.

A simple pass or two with a kleenwipe takes care of that.

Unless you're the one with the phone that has the mouthpiece full of Cheeto crumbs and so much ear grease on its display it feels like it was sprayed with Pam. (the cooking stuff not Polythene Pam!) D:

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
A simple pass or two with a kleenwipe takes care of that.

Unless you're the one with the phone that has the mouthpiece full of Cheeto crumbs and so much ear grease on its display it feels like it was sprayed with Pam. (the cooking stuff not Polythene Pam!) D:

The sealed plastic would feel unclean to me if not cleaned on a regular (daily) basis. The secondary case feels just fine, and acceptable without regular washing.

I'm not saying it's logical, I know it is not, but logic has nothing to do with this.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Oh yeah, and the case has much better grip. The material is a hard silicone, which has more friction than whatever plastic the phone itself is made of, plus the case makes the phone bigger, which is more comfortable for my hand size.

alfa147x

Lifer
Jul 14, 2005
My wife's grandma is very cheap and apparently my in-laws went over to her house and found out that she brews a pot of coffee and drinks it over the course of 3 days. She just leaves the pot sitting on her countertop. WTF?!?!

Yuck! My roommate makes 3 pots a day

He goes through all three. He bought a coffee maker because he was tired of my one cup at a time thing

I like that and the Hunter club and whatever the Italian sandwich is called. I like that they deliver so on crappy days like this (rainy, cold, and very windy), I don't have to leave.

Those are my two favorite. I normally get the beach club with light mayo it feeds two of us and keeps us under our calorie limit

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005
The phone is still making no sounds.

Post your ESN and I'll have one of the people in the secret room send a code to it that will set its vibrator to 11. It will shake so hard if left on the desk it will make a wingless snow angel on the finish. If allowed to continue its lipoly cell will heat to ignition and go off with a report indifferent than a six pack of flea bombs tossed in a radar range set on high.

If you are unaware of this then you are at least 1 mile away or clinically dead. :biggrin:

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007

I could understand making a pot, putting it in the fridge, and then maybe microwaving individual cups. That might work (never tried it).

My roommate makes 3 pots a day. He goes through all three. He bought a coffee maker because he was tired of my one cup at a time thing

I can't do that. We have a coffee maker and an espresso machine and we drink more espresso than coffee at this point, though we do like both.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Post your ESN and I'll have one of the people in the secret room send a code to it that will set its vibrator to 11. It will shake so hard if left on the desk it will make a wingless snow angel on the finish. If allowed to continue its lipoly cell will heat to ignition and go off with a report indifferent than a six pack of flea bombs tossed in a radar range set on high.

If you are unaware of this then you are at least 1 mile away or clinically dead. :biggrin:

You scare me.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
I have never tried coffee, and have little interest in it.

Although the whole idea of a kick to wake one up in the morning is a bit appealing, the prospect of high acid content in the morning is even more unappealing.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Hmm... I'd like a small stereo, i.e. a modern boombox, except I have no need for cassette or even CD function.

Actually, here's a great way to do it, though they never would.

Replace the cassette tray with a pop out for an MP3 player. Unfortunately, these things like to put iPod mounts on top so you can tinker with the iPod, and nothing else will work with it.

Fuck you, Apple.

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005
Hmm... I'd like a small stereo, i.e. a modern boombox, except I have no need for cassette or even CD function.

Actually, here's a great way to do it, though they never would.

Replace the cassette tray with a pop out for an MP3 player. Unfortunately, these things like to put iPod mounts on top so you can tinker with the iPod, and nothing else will work with it.

Fuck you, Apple.

That's silly. Head units already have the ability to read storage. They should put a SDHC compatible slot in there so you can fill it with your jams. Insert and play. Does not get any easier than that.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
I'm probably going to end up working tomorrow night, which totally ruins my plans of washing the car and sealing it that night.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
That's silly. Head units already have the ability to read storage. They should put a SDHC compatible slot in there so you can fill it with your jams. Insert and play. Does not get any easier than that.

I dream of SDHC and USB inputs, but it's so rare.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
I have never tried coffee, and have little interest in it.

Although the whole idea of a kick to wake one up in the morning is a bit appealing, the prospect of high acid content in the morning is even more unappealing.

Honestly, I never really drank it either until my first real job. I was thirsty and coffee was free, so I started drinking it and got to enjoy it. You can mix it with stuff like hot chocolate to make it better.

alfa147x

Lifer
Jul 14, 2005
Wearing an MP3 player with earbuds to wash a car seems like a poor idea.

Why not. I run my Shure SCL4s between my shirt and undershirt up my back from my backpocket where my portable headphone amp is while my iphone / ipod is in my front pocket

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
Well, I am going to put my Mesopotamia book aside for now and read this other one. He has some interesting theories about Mesoamerica.