++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 511 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
So let's see... it was not actively raining, but it was misting and raining in local areas. The pavement was obviously slick and wet, but I noticed no visible puddles. The radius of the semicircle traveled by the turn was approximately 50', the turn was 90 degrees.

Off throttle from 40, down to about 37-38 at turn-in. Bring the wheel in for a fast turn, enough to feel body roll and lean on dry pavement. Turn sweeps maybe 30 degrees before the tires go, rear tires clearly moving right at a faster than than the front. I did not notice any TCS lights, but I was busy watching the grass off to the right edge, and keeping the wheel exactly in its position.

Turn ended right where it should, so it was really a small loss of traction. Definitely interesting, and makes me want to go try that some more... although someplace where there isn't dirt and grass nearby.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
Ideally, I'd land in a hybrid position where I manage projects and do some of the technical work to fill in. And all from home, too. :D

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
I completely agree with you

Lol no not at all. Current build quality goes like this

Samsung > htc / motorola

I'm sitting here squeezing my phone, and all that's happened is the two edges of the case have moved about .1 mm relative to each other.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
My cousin, who was a programmer at Microsoft, is working for a local IT consulting company now and is actually here at my company working a project. That was one of the companies I was going to hit up soon.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Sorry they all feel like something someone put together in a garage out of 90s amalgamated computer parts. The plastic is so creaky its horrifying. D:

err, what exactly do you do with your phone? put it in a vice?

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005
I'm sitting here squeezing my phone, and all that's happened is the two edges of the case have moved about .1 mm relative to each other.

That's just unacceptable. It ages poorly. Heck I bet it would creak all by itself if set on a table here left to its own devices. Poseidon is getting angry today!

getting_rough.jpg

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
That's just unacceptable. It ages poorly. Heck I bet it would creak all by itself if set on a table here left to its own devices. Poseidon is getting angry today!

Wait, a phone that doesn't creak and flex is unacceptable? Read it again, CASE, as in the Seidio Surface II shell I put on the phone. Shall I remove the case and test this again?

alfa147x

Lifer
Jul 14, 2005
What does one expect from a two part case? Again, CASE, it's not factory.

Fine, I'll pull the case off, to satisfy you two Android haters.

When I get to the office I'll squeeze the jesus out of all the phones we have. I'll report back :p

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
keurig.... I don't drink enough coffee to keep any around. K-cups dont go bad

My wife's grandma is very cheap and apparently my in-laws went over to her house and found out that she brews a pot of coffee and drinks it over the course of 3 days. She just leaves the pot sitting on her countertop. WTF?!?!

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005
I thought the purpose of having a thermosetting case was durability so you did not need a case to protect it! That's like wearing a raincoat - over top a raincoat! :biggrin:

When I get to the office I'll squeeze the jesus out of all the phones we have. I'll report back :p

If they weep be sure to avoid the juice - it's hazardous. :p