++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 491 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Looks like Wearever rotors will be about $37 each, although I can't tell if that's Wearever Silver or Gold.

On the other hand, a set of Brembo blanks would be about $44 each, and they supposedly last upwards of twice as long as most rotors.

alfa147x

Lifer
Jul 14, 2005
I did install OSX on it already. Took 15 mins from first boot to log in. That was a satisfying hackintoshing

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Entered to win a Kindle Fire via the school's survey.

I'm sure a few thousand people will enter, but that's better odds than most places.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
My car supplies should arrive tomorrow... I plan on coming home from class around 1:30 on Friday, washing the car fully, stripping off anything already on it, drying it, then claying any problem spots (probably the front end), a light wash for clay residue, then apply sealant. The goal is to have all that done by about 6 in the evening, in the hopes that the sealant will be dry enough that, if I want to, I can apply a second coat of it on Saturday before work, and I'll take another vehicle to work.

After the second coat dries, or if I bypass a second coat, I'll wax the car. If there isn't a second coat of sealant, two coats of wax by the end of Sunday. Then I'm pretty much all set and just need to maintain it all winter.