++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 382 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

alfa147x

Lifer
Jul 14, 2005
Group meeting. Im starting to hate group projects

This one is 65% of our grade... fml

Last edited:

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Left my wallet at work. Oops.

I think it'll be safe there all day tomorrow until I can go get it about 5-6 PM, but it means I'm driving around sans license, have none of my CC's, any of my other cards, or my school ID to get into the parking lot properly.

On the other hand, I can call my boss, explain that I need to get into the store, my key and code will do it just fine, and I'll be all set. But that does mean bothering him about it, and he'll probably be pissy.

:/

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Third option is to stay home in the morning, which means I'll end up missing the first three classes of the day, have to deal with midday parking at 1 PM, have an easy time to find lunch which is a plus, and pick up my wallet as soon as they open, which is about 10 AM, maybe 9, I don't really know when they open.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
So I dunno...

Call the boss and get the wallet tonight, just go to class tomorrow, force into the lot and hope the wallet is safe all day, or skip the morning classes, get the wallet early morning, and fight with midday parking.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
I'm leaning towards option three. Not to keen on leaving my wallet there all day unprotected, nor on trying to get into the lot without an ID, and showing up to work in the late afternoon looks like I'd be available to work that day in the future.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Some hot little blonde was shopping at work today, wearing a pink tshirt that barely went past her waist, and a pair of thin white leggings, so thin and tightly stretched you could see, ahem, quite a bit of her anatomy.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
I have an irrational concern that if I take a turn to fast, the car will roll.

I understand this is pretty much totally improbable, as the lateral resistance of the tires will give LONG before the center of mass will... I don't even know the physics details of this one.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
I think the suspension is softer on my G that I would have expected, it feels softer, and to have more body roll and wheel give, than my parents' I30t.

On the Infiniti's credit, it has a lower roofline, a wider body, and a touring type suspension. I think the tires are also a little stiffer and slightly lower sidewalls. In fact, although my tires have not directly given me a problem yet, they do squall nastily under heavy load. And heavy load would be, in this case, slinging the car through a fast turn, so the weight load shifts to one side, and those tires become much louder.

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005
Some hot little blonde was shopping at work today, wearing a pink tshirt that barely went past her waist, and a pair of thin white leggings, so thin and tightly stretched you could see, ahem, quite a bit of her anatomy.

I bet it hurts a lot to pop your little eyeballs back in their sockets too. :biggrin:

Barfo

Lifer
Jan 4, 2005
You have a high-end smartphone, don't you? I bet it has a decent camera as well :colbert: