++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 301 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
I want to figure out how to write web scripts.

Like how people can automate posting, because that's kinda cool to have.

And so I can write something to handle checking Autotrader and Cars and Craigslist a couple times a day for Mazda 6 V6 2004-2008 automatic and Infiniti G35x 2005-2006 black graphite/black rosewood.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
I don't think it's going to be really possible to fully check colors out, because some people don't post those. Or they make the whole thing one gigantic image. So it'd have to go off primary search terms.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
yeah screw those dayum non-merican cars

Yeah, that's it! Nothing to do with their reputation for numb steering, weak handling, unremarkable motors, and soft suspension. Nothing to do with the fact that a G costs less and blows them out of the water. Nope, surely not!

Or that an "American" car really isn't all that "American" considering how much of the manufacturing is done elsewhere. Or that Chrysler is a freaking joke, GM isn't all that good, and Ford, while being the best of the American car brands, is still struggling to figure things out.

And then we can look at the Europeans... but once a European car gets past about 50k, I'd be expecting a small horde of gremlins to assault it every night.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
If they put a V6, even the small 3.0, into the old Mazda 3, I could be a very happy person.

Then again, the Mazda 6 is pretty nice, when you get a more normal transmission.

Also, for the love of god, DSG/DCT, CVT, and manual. That's it. The traditional automatic needs to die. For higher performance or sportier cars, give them a DSG. For econoboxes or soft luxury cars, give them CVT.

And I'll primarily say DSG over DCT because it's less complex, lighter, and I'd venture a guess that it has better longevity. Either way, the conventional automatic sucks.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
How about for the 2012 G37 introduce a nice seven speed DSG in place of the seven speed conventional automatic? Yeah, that'd be FUN.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Hurricane preparation!

The shed walls/structure are a bit flimsy, but I think those will be left as is. We'll put everything from the porch into the shed. Trash barrels too maybe?

It looks like, from the current track projection, the eye will be about sixty miles to my west.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
We have a generator in the garage that should be looked over.

Check the pumps, make sure they can be linked to the generator.

Fuel the cars up, and decide which ones go inside and which go outside. And for outside, which locations - five slots in the upper driveway, two in the lower, and the backyard.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Not sure if the air conditioners should be pulled out so the windows can be closed. Dad said no to boarding up the windows though. We have a gable roof on one end of the house, the other end is a multiple roof structure with trees overhanging it.

The grill, the six chairs on the deck, the two little tables, the big glass table... the shed is going to be packed.

I'll take my server down and leave the UPS charged.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
That way if power goes out and I want to recharge a cellphone, the UPS should hold power long enough to take care of it. Unfortunately, I don't get shit for a signal at the house.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Looks like Sunday evening and night.

Cordless phones don't work, and with FIOS, I think even the corded phones die after a little while.