++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 300 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

alfa147x

Lifer
Jul 14, 2005
Appalled by the frivolous exposed screws on the Nikon facing him, unlike the others, Jonathan Ive cannot force a smile. apple.com/pr/bios/

alfa147x

Lifer
Jul 14, 2005
I'm kinda disappointed that Ive didn't replace jobs. I always thought he would be the replacement

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
7658.jpg

:hmm:

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

1) I'd hoped...

Wait, I'll just copypasta.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
1) I'd hoped I'd get to the G35x, start it up, and hear this godawful squealing so I could eliminate it.

I didn't. It feels like it's half its age, which seems normal for an Infiniti. 0-40 felt like about 2 seconds, it's so freaking fast, stops on a dime, and handles tightly. The mileage, total lack of warranty, and used car dealership bits scare me. The only problems I found in the car were that it takes a lot of effort to steer it, the wheel has a lot of resistance, which makes fast maneuvers difficult. Also, the seat is a little marginal on comfort. To me, lumbar support is bad, multiple segments for the back of the seat is bad. One smooth piece to the seat, no lumbar operation, is perfect. The simpler the better, as long as it has the basic eight power motions. The wheel resistance is bothersome, the seat worries me, knowing my father bought a new car in '01 and had to sell it because of how much the lumbar was a problem to him.

2) The Mazda 6 handles nicely, the steering is incredibly responsive, the car is fairly quick, nothing like the G. The basic cloth seats of the car feel so much better than the leather versions of itself. Simple, no support, and voila - it becomes perfect. Am I doomed to econoboxes and stripped sports cars? It felt as if I could turn it inside my car, and with one finger on the wheel. Downside was... I hated the manual transmission. Absolutely hated it, and I don't understand how/why people use them for DD's. Those of you who do, congratulations, if you're happy, be happy. I stalled the thing a dozen times in ten minutes, but I know that goes away... it's more that it just isn't fun to me, it seems more like a pain in the ass, especially with creeping traffic.

In short, I'm pissed off enough at the car search to just want to buy a goddamned bicycle, and I still can't decide between going after a high-mileage G with a few cosmetic issues, or waiting to see if the next used Mazda 6 comes along. To compound the waiting game difficulty, my car is getting worse. They're wildly different cars, and I'm finding decision making impossible.

*apply head to desk*

There. Fucking fuckshit fuck!

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I do NOT like Zune and I hate Syncing.
Need to get in the habit of using my Droid as a media player now that my service is over. WP7 just isnt ready yet.

Also, no nefs for the weekend. Going to a wedding, not taking laptop. And I cant recall my password so won't nef from a public computer or anything.

If I die or get shipped to Guantanemo, fuck you all.

Last edited:

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
I can't use my phone as an MP3 player, the battery has enough problems.

But shorty, if you want a great MP3 player, buy a Sansa. It's like a USB flash drive, except it plays music. Easiest fucking music loading process ever.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Well, that's it.

1) Parents offer to cover the $1300 gap in my car budget.
2) I mull that over, put the numbers together, come up to a $154/mo payment.
3) Tell Dad we'll call them in the morning, he mulls that over, and says no to the car.

That's it then. The two front runners are done, now I watch for used cars indefinitely, try to baby my Grand Prix for survival, pick up a pair of new winter tires to replace the fronts, and try to amass as much money as I can.

alfa147x

Lifer
Jul 14, 2005
Just got this email from one of my devs, "Just so you know, whoever wrote this did an awful job. Really awful.
But it doesn't matter that much because the program is small and simple"

lol looks like we're going to be doing more coding...