++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 40 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Krynj

Platinum Member
Jun 21, 2006
would you prefer "It's going to be Monday all day?"

scared.png

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
Indy: Buy the kindle. I love mine! I was hesitant to buy it because i hate single use devices but this does ebooks well. Also any reason for 3G?

My wife has a Kindle (non Special Offer) and loves it. My issue is that I have a lot of thick technical books and I could have access to all of them on the Kindle. The 3G gives you more flexibility I think.

alfa147x

Lifer
Jul 14, 2005
My wife has a Kindle (non Special Offer) and loves it. My issue is that I have a lot of thick technical books and I could have access to all of them on the Kindle. The 3G gives you more flexibility I think.

The only reason to get 3G is to be able to buy books away from wifi and surf the web.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
I'm really tempted to start bringing my laptop to work, that's how fucking terrible this computer is.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Sent the email. I was perfectly polite, yet tried to convey the sense of "you're incompetent". I think I succeeded, although it might be a little too subtle.

Also...
"Library is closed today, July 22, as there is no air conditioning in the building, as a result of a power surge during yesterday’s outage."

Lulz. I hope all your shit got blowed the fuck up.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
I honestly don't care that they're all miser... actually, I do care. I find it funny. I fucking hate that place, and everyone attached to it.

The ONLY email I opened during my entire week of vacation was an emergency alert from them, in the hope that it was about fire or destruction. Unfortunately, it was about a robbery, and that's just normal for that place.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Anyways, I'll just piss myself off further talking about it.

So... Monday I get to apply for a student loan, through a private bank instead of the gov't, because the government loans won't be given to me due to my academic record, and conveniently, I had also been considering changing to private loans, which get prime variable (3.25%) versus fixed 6.5%.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Tuition is going up, I think it's going to be pushing $12k this year, half per semester. I'll put the bulk of it on loans, probably another $8k or so. I don't know much of how the loan amount process works, my mother will know.