++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 7789 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
Thank god I got up before the sun set. I finally caught this really fat raccoon climbing up a tree to get on the roof and then into the attic. Well, that tree is now gone, at least the top of it such that there is no longer any easy ingress to the roof. It will have to try to use one of the other trees and "rappel" (in other words "plop") down onto the roof and I'm pretty sure it's too fat to want to do that.

I don't care so much about it sheltering in MY attic even if it is a little shithead. But if it's a female, it's not going to have the chance to call the attic home.

If it's still up in the attic now, well, that's going to come as something of a shock. But it deserves it for tearing up all of my solar LED torches. F'ing rodents. It's lucky I didn't skewer it with my crossbow - and I was sorely tempted.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Thank god I got up before the sun set. I finally caught this really fat raccoon climbing up a tree to get on the roof and then into the attic. Well, that tree is now gone, at least the top of it such that there is no longer any easy ingress to the roof. It will have to try to use one of the other trees and "rappel" (in other words "plop") down onto the roof and I'm pretty sure it's too fat to want to do that.

I don't care so much about it sheltering in MY attic even if it is a little shithead. But if it's a female, it's not going to have the chance to call the attic home.

If it's still up in the attic now, well, that's going to come as something of a shock. But it deserves it for tearing up all of my solar LED torches. F'ing rodents. It's lucky I didn't skewer it with my crossbow - and I was sorely tempted.

Jambalaya is for dinner tonight!

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
The top of the tree is right at rain gutter level and an easy jump for the local kitties. One of the mostly white tuxedo cats has climbed to the top a couple of times today, that I've noticed. The trunk is maybe 3" in diameter and should give it a stable platform for its rear legs. What it needs to do is figure out where to put its front paws but there aren't any twigs for it to rest them when it prepares to go FTL. Hahaha. For now, it's retreated to ruminate.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
Well, I guess the little asshole really was up in the attic and now is "trapped" on the roof. Tough titties fur bag. It's only a about a 10 foot drop - 7 feet if it's smart and decides to land on the porch. Sorry but I have no sympathy whatsoever. I am so f'ing tired of these rodents. Between the mice and raccoons, it's constant battle. The cats make short work of the mice, but they're very wary if not all that scared of the raccoons. Enough so that only the bigger cats will try to stare them and opossum down. At least it might remember this long enough to save someone else some grief.

edit - I heard some faint mewling a while ago and then saw one of the remaining twigs left on the tree moving but that put it just out of the camera's FOV. That's why I was outside in a heavy jacket, gym shorts and flip flops. I don't want to imply that I'm sadist, but I'm rather enjoying this. It did however try to bust through one of the eave vents. It's significantly bowed and I know that has to be very recent since that's one of the first things I check.

Last edited:

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Well, I guess the little asshole really was up in the attic and now is "trapped" on the roof

poster,504x498,f8f8f8-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

Reactions: IronWing

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
Hey, I got you and all of your fur bag buddies thru the winter.

My work here is done. :)

Seriously though, they really do have to go back to being wild animals that have no interest in my attic. Haha, that sounds like code for something so I'm going to stop right there and let all your imaginations run wild ;)

Reactions: Captante

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
Moo Moo tent dress - nef

I'm 100% raccoon free. Ah, the freedom. Well unless it was a girl c00nie in which case if she's a bad momma she would have left the kits behind. But I haven't heard anything. If I do, I guess I have to call animal control. But I could probably gather any small ones with some heavy gloves. One thing I got is GEAR. All kinds of gear.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
Who's done their taxes already.

Just know that I hate you because I want to have my taxes done already too - for 20, 21 and 22. I'm a little surprised that they haven't just up my ass yet.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
To the tune of edelweiss.

Moo moo nef
moo moo net
Nef nef moo moo
moo nef
Nef and moo
Moo and nef
moo moo moo nef
moo moo

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Who's done their taxes already.

Just know that I hate you because I want to have my taxes done already too - for 20, 21 and 22. I'm a little surprised that they haven't just up my ass yet.

Got my T4 slip the other day, I think I have everything I need to do mine now, so probably drop it off to my accountant next week. A little nervous since I cashed a huge chunk of my ESP last year so might get nailed hard. Hope I don't end up owing. I usually end up with about $1,500 refund so that should give me a buffer hopefully.

• Love
Reactions: Charmonium