++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 7298 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
I carry a Benchmade Barrage 580 knife with me at all times. It's my only folding knife. It cost about $150. It has 154CM steel. The blade is 3.6" and is around 8" fully extended. The quality is superb. It has a black tactical grip. Easy to open with one had with the open assist. It sounds pretty intimidating when it snaps open and locks in place. I don't have small hands so I won't repeat my hand size for those of you that need to know about my hand size. You do have to be careful due to the sharpness of the blade. Just lightly tacking your skin may seem like nothing happened. But later you may find that there may be some soreness where the knife makes contact with your skin. The back third of the knife edge is serrated, while the front 2/3 is a normal straight edge to the point. It has a drop point. Super sweet knife. No video. Here's a pic!

2fPCvEgl.jpg

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
We have an annual cyber-security training requirement. This year, instead of producing or finding a suitable course, the company provided a list of several dozen canned courses to choose from. Being the efficiency expert I am, I selected two the shortest duration courses. One is a tutorial on safe browsing. So far, I've learned about private browser windows, saving passwords on the browser, managing cookies, managing plugins, and managing security preferences. The only problem is that my company deactivated private windows, password saving, and centrally manages cookies, plugins, and security settings. There is literally not a single piece of information offered in the offered training that is pertinent to browsing in the company's IT environment.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
I'm checking out the first episode of The Boys. Coworker told me to check it out. Meh. It's ok. I just don't love the super hero genre. It's more interesting than the normal Marvel crap.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Ordered a new tool box. I have a 24" pry bar that is part of a set. The new tool box is 26". Hopefully the largest pry bar can fit in that.