++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 7292 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
So today I decide if I want to cut my big tree in the front. Will be kinda sad to see it go, but it's on the verge of snapping in half. I can't seem to figure out a way to make a hole through it so I can use threaded rod to brace it. It really shouldn't be hard but none of the drill bits I have seem to work. They either don't dig through at all, or get stuck.

Got one more thing I want to try, failing that, the tree is coming down. Seeing a shirtless ginger climbing a tree with a chainsaw will be a sight to behold for the neighbours. :p

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Done for today. Need to go out to take a pic of what's left but resting my feet for a bit. I think Tim Hortons is open today if yes I will go get timbits and a coffee or hot chocolate or something since I have the munchies and don't have chips here.

Most of what's left now is the more risky cuts, I think I will leave those to an arborist. Hopefully it won't cost too much since the bulk of the work is done, though I guess the risky parts are the hardest for them too. The Ryobi chainsaw chooched pretty well I have to say. I was rotating between 3 standard size batteries and with taking small breaks to cool off inside the house, I never found myself in a situation where I was waiting for a battery to charge. I had to pick a day where it's like +32 to do this lol.

Pic from when I first started:

Complete with my hair tied up like a mullet lol. Letting the back down protects neck from sun. :D

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
More pics:

I probably should be wearing more PPE but it was way too hot. I just hope we don't have any ticks in town, have not heard anything about any here yet this year but we had some last year.

There's a couple more sections that will be easy to do but called it quits, then lot of it is too sketchy to do myself so I will either get help or just hire it out. I'm leaning towards hiring it out. The straight section is too sketchy to do from a ladder, and there's one section I think that could end up in the street.

But ya was an ambitious task to take on myself lol. At least whatever is left should hopefully not cost too much to get done.

I do want to eventually buy an off grid property so I kinda have to take on tasks like this to remind me what kind of work I'll be getting myself into if I buy such property. At least most of the trees in the bush are just straight up single trunk that I can cut in one shot from the ground though, but if one gets binded up on another it can still create a tricky situation.

Reactions: zzuupp

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
microsoft is doing a better job than most.
I'm downloading from them at 312mbit per second.
which is good cuz Comcast is selling me 300mb internet service.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Watch the sun rise on South Padre Island yesterday morning

vSyRWAsh.jpg

Reactions: IronWing

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Fun fun. I love nice thunderstorms, especially when I'm not at work.

Severe Thunderstorm Watch
Issued at 11:20 Monday 06 July 2020

Conditions are favourable for the development of dangerous thunderstorms that may be capable of producing damaging wind gusts and large hail.

Hazards:
- Damaging wind gusts of 90 to 110 km/h
- Nickel to Toonie sized hail

Locations:
Portions of Northeastern and Far-Northeastern Ontario.

Timing:
This afternoon and evening.

###

Large hail can damage property and cause injury. Very strong wind gusts can damage buildings, down trees and blow large vehicles off the road.

Severe thunderstorm watches are issued when atmospheric conditions are favourable for the development of thunderstorms that could produce one or more of the following: large hail, damaging winds, torrential rainfall.

Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to ONstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #ONStorm.

For more information: http://www.emergencymanagementontario.ca/english/beprepared/beprepared.html.