++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 6401 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
@Red Squirrel Sounds bad. You have trouble cooking and washing dishes. How did you have issues with a non-stick pan? Was the non-stick worn off? Did you not use some oil (butter, vegetable oil) to cook the eggs? Sid is right. How can you not just wash the pan by hand? You burnt your eggs? You only have one pan? Already cooked bacon? Blech.

Just messing with you. You are the ultimate bachelor!

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I hate cooking, and never said I was good at it. :p

I only have one good pan, I have another but I only use it for stuff where I know it will dirty badly. Probably should keep that one for eggs. :p

I could have probably scrubbed it by hand, but I had to do a dishwasher load anyway so it was so much easier to let it soak before leaving back for work then shoving it in the dishwasher on the way home.

Got myself an Actifry recently too, so that's why I had bacon that was already cooked since I had previously done it in there to try it out. Though I don't think I will precook bacon anymore, it tasted pretty terrible even after only a few days in the fridge. Nice thing about actifry for bacon though is that it's contained so it's less messy than pan or oven.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Probably not allowed to post it here but check P&N for a thread that talks about simon says.

Basically about this crazy cop that was telling a guy to do all these weird moves and if it screws up he gets shot, and the guy messed up and got shot. Cop not guilty.

I only saw two posts in that thread by you. No where did I see you get an infraction. Was it in private? Was it a deleted post? Weird. You are quite the level headed person.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
I hate cooking, and never said I was good at it. :p

I only have one good pan, I have another but I only use it for stuff where I know it will dirty badly. Probably should keep that one for eggs. :p

I could have probably scrubbed it by hand, but I had to do a dishwasher load anyway so it was so much easier to let it soak before leaving back for work then shoving it in the dishwasher on the way home.

Got myself an Actifry recently too, so that's why I had bacon that was already cooked since I had previously done it in there to try it out. Though I don't think I will precook bacon anymore, it tasted pretty terrible even after only a few days in the fridge. Nice thing about actifry for bacon though is that it's contained so it's less messy than pan or oven.

If we lived close to each other I'd teach you how to cook (and wash dishes) and buy you some new pots and pans.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I only saw two posts in that thread by you. No where did I see you get an infraction. Was it in private? Was it a deleted post? Weird. You are quite the level headed person.

Yeah I think I got a general infraction and it was not linked to the actual post. Then I got a 1 day ban.

Oddly, not the first time it happens. I guess police threads arn't really welcome here anymore. There used to be a lot before but now that I think about it, have not seen any in a while.

Reactions: bigboxes

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Think I should start thinking about going to bed, want to try to get up early tomorrow and finish the shed. I really don't have all that much left to do, just need to git r done. Then next year I can do shingles and siding and inside electrical. Maybe shelves and stuff too.

Bubbleawsome

Diamond Member
Apr 14, 2013
Tell me you guys are going to stop voting for guys like Moore. How Alabama is afraid of change is beyond me. If I was in Alabama, I'd want change.
Oh I do and so do over 50% of the under 40 demographic, but our voter turnout is low compared to the 95% Moore (when I checked last night) 65+ and 85% Moore 50+ demographic. I doubt this will bring too much long standing change without massive voter turnout next election, but maybe this is enough to get democrats out and voting in this state. I'm encouraged but not overly optimistic, this last vote was almost 50/50.

Reactions: Pick2 and bigboxes

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Ugh got up way too late, I wanted to get up at like 8-9am but kept hitting snooze, it's now 2pm. I only have like 2 hours of day light left to work on my shed and didn't even eat yet. I guess I won't have a choice but to setup the food lights if I want to finish today. There's not much left to do though and it's all fairly easy stuff, no measuring or cutting or anything. That's what tends to take longer.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Well all screws are in and everything is solid, it was mostly to do the studs as I originally only did the edges of the plywood with intention of coming back later as I just wanted it to be all up.

Started on Tyvek but it's so LOUD, the Tyvek itself, but especially the stapling. So for the sake of my neighbours I decided I'll do that tomorrow. It was going half decently well, it's kinda tedius but not as bad as the tar paper as at least it does not tear as easily. I will try to get up early tomorrow so I can do it in daylight too. After that it will finally be done for the year. Rest of stuff can wait.

I'll edit my time lapses as a single video and post it some time.

Apr 20, 2008
Off work and home nef. I had a second interview for a job a few days ago and today they started calling my references today. I really want this job but not trying to get my hopes up too high.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I like my current job, but I'm at my pay cap now, so I will never make more money unless I was to get a job at a company that pays more or get into management, but I don't really want to do that.

At some point though I may have to, since costs of living just keep going up, eventually I won't be able to afford my bills.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Tabarnak it's cold out there. Hands are freezing. Was too hard to control it with gloves on. I brought it up, did a circle around and then brought it back down.

Also took pics real quick of my outside decorations while I was out there