++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 3230 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
I only have 2 albums I plan on having permanently on the phone given the space requirements, but even with an SD card slot I couldn't fit too much just because FLAC files are big as fuck.

there are 32gb microsd...

mnewsham

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
enough that your ears will bleed first :colbert:

meh, at ~100MB per song for most of my FLAC stuff I just couldnt be bothered to even try and fit it all on a phone anyway, I will put my favourite albums and stream everything else at 320kpbs :p

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
well that sucked. I uninstalled iptables through yum on a server since I had to install a newer RPM (why are the yum repositories always so out of date ARG) and it would refuse to install because it was already installed, but it uninstalled practically everything that has to do with networking or system management. WTF? This is retarded. I hate Linux sometimes.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Amazon in Canada kinda sucks, half the time they wont ship here, and the selection is very minimal.

I don't get why it can be so hard to get stuff here, you would think there would be more Canadian retailers and that they could actually get all the stuff the US ones can.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
meh, at ~100MB per song for most of my FLAC stuff I just couldnt be bothered to even try and fit it all on a phone anyway, I will put my favourite albums and stream everything else at 320kpbs :p

streaming will fail miserably :p

meesa like legion of boom dvd-a rip :whiste:

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Amazon in Canada kinda sucks, half the time they wont ship here, and the selection is very minimal.

I don't get why it can be so hard to get stuff here, you would think there would be more Canadian retailers and that they could actually get all the stuff the US ones can.

Protectionism is alive and well in Canada. More so than the states.

mnewsham

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
I like DVD-A... fuckers from SONY ruined it for everyone.

I have never listened to one I must admit, I only know the car plays them cause it has a big DVD-A badge on the centre console. Damn 2005 Acura, I think the next year they started putting AUX ports, but this model year got stuck with DVD-A and a cassette deck...

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
I have never listened to one I must admit, I only know the car plays them cause it has a big DVD-A badge on the centre console. Damn 2005 Acura, I think the next year they started putting AUX ports, but this model year got stuck with DVD-A and a cassette deck...

See if you can find one cheap. Watch out for crappy releases that are basically upsampled CDs. Many labels were just paying lip service since they don't want to give you high fidelity digital content.

silverline was working hard on putting out good releases, but it just never took off.

DSD is just flawed.

mnewsham

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
You need lots of power and surround sound to appreciate it :awe:

I've got my Beyerdynamics on a Fiio E10 AMP/DAC

or I could use my 2.1 200w speaker system, headphones usually sound better, and this late at night speakers aren't really a great option :p

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
I've got my Beyerdynamics on a Fiio E10 AMP/DAC

or I could use my 2.1 200w speaker system, headphones usually sound better, and this late at night speakers aren't really a great option :p

need to setup my sound system again...

825w for speakers + 1000w for 2 subs sit in boxes :(