ATOT investigation is needed!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

crab

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2001
Dude, after like 2 and a half hours on the turnpike you didn't realize you could possibly be way the hell off course? Lambertville is waaaay up above Trenton AFAIK. Hope you enjoyed exit 1 though...you were a few minutes from my house and the neighborhood Bruce Willis grew up in.

JW310

Golden Member
Oct 30, 1999
Originally posted by: Wduaqnug
Who is f*cked me or yahoo directions. I wanted to go to Lambertsville, NJ last time I went I took complicated directions from Mapquest but got to destinations without a problem. Yahoo directions indicated that there is short cut. To take NJ turnpike to exit 1 than take NJ-29 and than NJ 165. I got off exit 1 and there was no NJ 29 only NJ 40 and 49. I was not on borderline line of NJ and PA, i was on De and NJ borderline

Are you sure the directions said to get off the NJ turnpike at exit 1, and not exit 10 or 11???

Edit: Or perhaps the Trenton Freeway at exit 1? http://www.njfreeways.com/NJUS-1TrentonMap.html shows Route 1 (Trenton Freeway) intersecting with NJ-29 (bottom left corner of the map)

JW

Aquaman

Lifer
Dec 17, 1999
babblefish translation:

I are go to swampland........ last time I got there ok............. I try to take short cut but I are mixed up :Q

Cheers,
Aquaman

jagr10

Golden Member
Jan 21, 2001
Mapquest can be bad too. It told me to get off a highway and go on this 1 lane farmland road and it took like 2 hours. Then for some reason it said to go back on the highway. I don't trust them anymore. What if someone had a quarter tank of gas and took those directions? They'd be stuck. There's no gas station nor traffic on those one way farmland roads.

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001
bwhahahahaha

Local Roads like NJ-29. 165 aren't listed usally and if they are, they're on small signs.

GtPrOjEcTX

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
Originally posted by: HotChic
Who is f*cked me or yahoo directions. I wanted to go to Lambertsville, NJ last time I went I took complicated directions from Mapquest but got to destinations without a problem. Yahoo directions indicated that there is short cut. To take NJ turnpike to exit 1 than take NJ-29 and than NJ 165. I got off exit 1 and there was no NJ 29 only NJ 40 and 49. I was not on borderline line of NJ and PA, i was on De and NJ borderline

Who is f*cked, me or yahoo directions? I wanted to go to Lambertsville, NJ. Last time I went, I took complicated directions from Mapquest but to the destination without a problem. Yahoo directions indicated that there is a short cut by taking the NJ turnpike to exit 1, then taking NJ-29, and then NJ 165. I got off exit 1 and there was no NJ 29, only NJ 40 and 49. I wasn't on the border of NJ and PA, I was on the DE and NJ borderline.
Who is f*cked, me or yahoo directions? I wanted to go to Lambertsville, NJ. Last time I went, I took complicated directions from Mapquest but got to the destination without a problem. Yahoo directions indicated that there is a short cut by taking the NJ turnpike to exit 1, then taking NJ-29, and then NJ 165. I got off exit 1 and there was no NJ 29, only NJ 40 and 49. I wasn't on the border of NJ and PA, I was on the DE and NJ borderline.

snooker

Platinum Member
Apr 13, 2001
lol!

I used yahoo directions ONCE... They included dirt roads that they made look like big 4 lane highways. Needless to say our shortcut, thanks to yahoo, made us like 3 hours later then we wanted to get to our destination.

I use mapquest, then doublecheck the directions with a real map to make sure the roads do exsist and are paved.

LeeTJ

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2003

NO way directions said NJ Turnpike exit 1. they may have said I-95 exit 1 which is ENTIRELY different from NJ Turnpike.

LeeTJ

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2003
Check out map.

see how I-95 goes from green on the east side to red on the west side?

I-95 green on the east side is turnpike but it arbitrarily ends about exit 8, then see how the red I-295 runs west? that road turns into I-95 near PA.

Yahoo directions were referring to Exit 1 on the border of PA/NJ off I-95 NOT turnpike.

IF you ask me, YOU were fvcked NOT yahoo directions. You were stupid NOT to at least look at the map before just following the directions. A brief glance at the map would have shown you that Exit 1 off turnpike is WAY south of where you want to go.
rolleye.gif

gigapet

Lifer
Aug 9, 2001
Originally posted by: uncJIGGA
How bout we start a fund to buy wduaqnug a new car with GPS??

Or not?

how bout a fund to get him some ESL courses instead

+---my writing is piss poor at times but i mean lets be serious here. 1 in 10 of his posts are legible english

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: Linux23
well DE is right at Exit 1, so i'd say you were 7 exits aways from being close to PA. I have never heard of Lambertsville?

He means Lambertville, without the S. Text

Why are you going to Lambertville Wduaqnug? Is the shad festival going on now? Looking at the map, I think the best way to go would be I-78 West to I-287 South to 202 South and then head south shortly before you cross into PA. No tolls that way either. :)

Edit: Yeah, just get on 29 South from 202 South

LeeTJ

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2003

it was all answered a few posts up with illustrations and everything.

NJ Turnpike is also I - 95 BUT only for northern part of NJ. Around exit 8, NJ Turnpike CEASES to be I-95 and instead you have to go almost all the way to PA before there is a I-95 again. Yahoo told him to get off Exit 1 I-95 NOT NJ Turnpike. He naturally assumed that NJ Turnpike was I-95 all the way down to delaware.

again, it's ENTIRELY his fault for not LOOKING at the map as he was reading the directions.

Jul 1, 2000

I think you body of work here on ATOT speaks for itself. You are clearly retarded.

cavemanmoron

Lifer
Mar 13, 2001
if I wanted to use map or atlas I wouldnt need yahoo or mapquest service

buy a map,join AAA

get a map thats printed,and trust it;the internet sites are wacky at times.