ATOT gun owners

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Lumathix

Golden Member
Mar 16, 2004
I have a Kimber 1911 .45 Custom II - Stainless.
I carry a Glock 30 .45.

My wife has a Bersa 9mm, Bersa .380, KelTek .380
My wife carries a Walther PPS 9mm.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
ok bumping because io have a question.

I might be going to columbia for grad school (since im graduating from college this year). What are the laws about having a firearm in NY with a 16rnd mag...if its in a private residence?

You might want to do some heavy research, I believe it's next to impossible for a private citizen to legally possess a firearm in NYC. I could be wrong, but I thought they were extremely strict. Actually, that might just be to carry concealed, it might not be too bad to get a permit to have it in your residence.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
I don't know if I posted before, but if I did, add on a New England Firearms (NEF) Pardner Protector 12 Ga. pump shotgun.

adairusmc

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2006
A .22 would not pierce the skull of a Cow (not sure about a pig) so it doesn't surprise me they used the .45.

Unfortunately no, something semi-auto just not sure what yet.

How does the Kimber shoot? I have only talked to one person ever who doesn't like Kimber, everyone else said it shoots like a dream.

My two main kimbers, my eclipse an 10mm auto (a real mans caliber), and my covert II in .45 both shoot like a dream. I really want to pick up a Raptor one of these days as well.

4525238718_aae92bd9e8_b.jpg

4525239036_0ab3c02c5f_b.jpg

MBentz

Golden Member
Jun 8, 2005
Remington 700 SPS Varmint in .308 and a Kimber TLE/RL II with a SureFire X400. Next week I'll be adding an M16A2 to the collection for 12 months. ;)

thepd7

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2005
My two main kimbers, my eclipse an 10mm auto (a real mans caliber), and my covert II in .45 both shoot like a dream. I really want to pick up a Raptor one of these days as well.

freakin gorgeous. I'm trying to save money but it's burning a hole in my pocket when I don't yet own a 1911 or great rifle.

JJ650

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2000
Pistols:
CZ-52 (7.62*25)
S&W 4506
Springfield xd 45 tactical
AF issue .38 Revolver

Rifles:
1866 Henry
M1 Garand
M14 (with all original sundries along with a functional GEN 1 nightscope)
M48 Mauser
Marlin Mdl 336 (.35)
Remington Mohawk 600 (.308)
Ruger 10/22
Marlin .22
Weatherby 300 win mag

misle

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
Glad to see this thread bumped.

I recently started shooting USPSA. Here are the two I usually shoot:

USPSA1.jpg

Left is the Kimber and right is my Heckler & Koch P30

All you guys shooting handguns, go find your local USPSA club! It's the most fun I've ever had with a gun. You should try it.

HybridSquirrel

Diamond Member
Nov 20, 2005
lol. maybe 1/4 of what the glock19 is quality-wise.

Don't kid yourself, the sigma sucks ass.

Seriously, there is nothing wrong with them. I have so far put over 1000 rounds through it with no malfunctions. The trigger is the same as a DA revolver trigger. Sure it probably won't pass some of the torture tests like burying it in snow over night, but why would you ever have your glock buried under snow for a night? The grip is way more comfortable and ambidextrous. There is just a lot of bad hype about it, but seriously there is nothing wrong. For half the price, and near same performance, it is hard to beat.

I don't know if I posted before, but if I did, add on a New England Firearms (NEF) Pardner Protector 12 Ga. pump shotgun.

I was thinking about picking one of these up....150 out the door and from what I hear its compatible with some of the 870 accessories, and it is hard to mess up a shotgun. But I already have one, so meh.

I picked up a taurus 85 ultra-lite recently too, waiting for my FFL to call me back when it gets in.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
I was thinking about picking one of these up....150 out the door and from what I hear its compatible with some of the 870 accessories, and it is hard to mess up a shotgun. But I already have one, so meh.

I got mine for $180 on sale at Dick's. I read a bunch of reviews that says this thing is awesome for what it is and the price - better than even the Remington 870 it copies.

I've only shot 10 rounds through it so far so only time will tell.

KillerCharlie

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2005
I got mine for $180 on sale at Dick's. I read a bunch of reviews that says this thing is awesome for what it is and the price - better than even the Remington 870 it copies.

I've only shot 10 rounds through it so far so only time will tell.

Yes, you can mess up a shotgun. I've read of several cases where new 870 express models fail to eject shells and have similar problems. My coworker bought one and guess what - the first time we went to the trap range he had problems about every 10 shells. It seems to be a problem mostly with Winchester brand shells, but other guns never had problems with those shells.

If you want a cheap shotgun, get a mossberg. $200 (not on sale) at Wal-Mart.

HybridSquirrel

Diamond Member
Nov 20, 2005
Yes, you can mess up a shotgun. I've read of several cases where new 870 express models fail to eject shells and have similar problems. My coworker bought one and guess what - the first time we went to the trap range he had problems about every 10 shells. It seems to be a problem mostly with Winchester brand shells, but other guns never had problems with those shells.

If you want a cheap shotgun, get a mossberg. $200 (not on sale) at Wal-Mart.

i think those are technically "Maverick" shotguns....made by mossberg.

Ponti, budsgunshop has them for 175 shipped (i think), and I have a $25 gift card for them. heh

deadlyapp

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2004
No pictures right now

Rock River Arms LAR15 with EOTech512, UTG quad rail, foregrip, CAA adjustable stock
Benelli Nova Tactical 12 gauge 18.5" shotgun
Kimber Ultra Carry II .45
Springfield Armory XD .45 Tactical (4")
Ruger SR9

Spike

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2001
Springfield XD-45 compact, Ruger LCP, Sig Mosquito, and old Beretta single shot breech load 20-guage.

Hopefully soon I'll have a sig 522... can't wait for some plinking/gopher hunting with that!

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
i think those are technically "Maverick" shotguns....made by mossberg.

Ponti, budsgunshop has them for 175 shipped (i think), and I have a $25 gift card for them. heh

but then you have to pay for shipping and find a dealer to do a transfer fee...probably wouldn't save much, if anything. not worth it imo...

Kabob

Lifer
Sep 5, 2004
w00t for guns :awe:
Glock 17 3rd gen
BCM 16" middy AR-15 w/Aimpont CompML2
Colt LE6920 soon to have EOTech XPS-2
2xColt LE6920 Bone stock

Near future acquisitions:
Mossberg 590A1...if I can find one.
Ruger 10/22 (for cheap plinking)

I need to expand my horizons, 4 of my 5 current arms are AR-15's. I just sold off a Springfield Armory 1911 "Loaded" but didn't like the full length guide rod...I'd love to get a Wilson Combat CQB but am not going to spend $2000 for one.

Last edited:

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Just a Ruger Mark III and Mossberg pump 410.
My 20 gauge is with relatives and even after 7 years to search for it and send the goddamn thing I still dont have it.
One day I wanna get:

Glock in the .45.
Deagle .357.
Springfield 1911, probably the Tactical.
Palm sized S&W .38.

Springfield M1A.
Bushmaster AR-15.
Barret single shot.
Spas 12.

But obviously that will take time and money, which I dont have.

Oh, I have the hunter model:
Ruger.jpg

Kabob

Lifer
Sep 5, 2004

10mm isn't a real man's caliber, it's like an ogre's caliber. I've no desire for wrist surgery, that caliber is absolutely ridiculous!

No wonder the FBI wanted nothing to do with it. :p

How does this shoot? I'm scared to get the small barrel but I would like to carry a .45

Can't see his pic but the .45 isn't a particularly violent round, I'd call it milder than .40 S&W in recoil. Even with the short barrel you'll be fine.

Unfortunately no, something semi-auto just not sure what yet.

If you're looking at AK's check out K-Var, probably the cleanest AK's you'll find. My only gripe is that they don't do wood furniture. Arsenal used to be good but I've heard their quality has dropped a bit. No first hand experience though. Honestly with AK's you're mostly paying $$ for something that looks pretty, not really for accuracy or reliability.

then you're not getting an assault rifle.

Oh give him a break. Carbine, Assault Rifle, we all know what he means (unless he is planning on dropping $20K or so for an authentic full auto AK).

Kelvrick

Lifer
Feb 14, 2001
If you're looking at AK's check out K-Var, probably the cleanest AK's you'll find. My only gripe is that they don't do wood furniture. Arsenal used to be good but I've heard their quality has dropped a bit. No first hand experience though. Honestly with AK's you're mostly paying $$ for something that looks pretty, not really for accuracy or reliability.

I'd say get a saiga instead.