ATOT Fantasy Football League #1 (auction, PPR, FAAB) **FULL**

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by KeithTalent, Jul 31, 2011.

1. KeithTalent

KeithTalent Elite Member Administrator No Lifer
    Administrator

I can make it zero, it was just defaulted to 1. I don't care either way on that one.

I don't understand by "no competition"; you just mean 100% first come first serve? I do not like that idea at all.

KT

2. slayer202

slayer202 Lifer

I like the default of 1

Don't like any "no competition" days

3. Imported

Imported Lifer

If I'm reading it correctly, we'd have Monday/Tuesday for Wednesday FAAB transactions and then Wednesday/Thursday/Friday for Saturday FAAB transactions.

Would there be no transactions taking place on Sunday right before kickoff? Sometimes we don't know if a player is playing or not until an hour before kickoff. In the past, replacements could be had right away before kickoff.. Is it possible to set up a third window for transactions? Say from Saturday to Sunday 11AM EST?

Edit: And given our small benches this year, I could see this happening with say.. your kicker or TE whom we may not have backups on the bench.

Also - Fine with whatever really. I just like being able to find a replacement Sunday morning if needed.

#153 Imported, Sep 7, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
  4. AMDZen

AMDZen Lifer

They do have them, they just weren't there until yesterday - they show up on Tuesday every week

ESPN is far superior to Yahoo in every way

5. slayer202

slayer202 Lifer

Preperation and planning is part of what makes FAAB more fun. How often does a player get hurt out of the blue on gameday? And unless it's your kicker, you should probably have a backup anyway.

6. KeithTalent

Administrator

Well I could do it as Wednesday and Sunday (9:30 AM?) instead I suppose, though it's not ideal. I like the idea of just preparing and planning ahead, so if there is a rumbling that someone may be out for Sunday, which you generally hear after the Thursday/Friday reports are in, then you go make a move to get your roster ready.

So much of Fantasy Football is just dumb luck, so adding more of a planning element to this through FAAB rules ups the skill a bit in my opinion.

KT

7. Imported

Imported Lifer

I like FAAB, just add a transaction window for Sat/Sunday morning. Otherwise, I'd prefer to keep it with what its currently at since it includes Sunday and is still FAAB.

8. BrokenVisage

BrokenVisage Lifer

Take a look at ESPN's player rankings then say/type that again with a straight face.

9. slayer202

slayer202 Lifer

I think both sites use monkeys to come up with their projections. If I can remember correctly from last year, both sites have weekly expert rankings which are different from each site's respective rankings/projections

10. AMDZen

AMDZen Lifer

Slayer just said it but I'll say it again any way. Both ESPN and Yahoo are terribad in that regard, why are you placing so much emphasis on that? Why do you need the site to do everything for you? You should be coming up with your own player rankings any way, or use Yahoo's if you think its better (because its NOTTTTT) and just draft using that list.

When I do a draft live, I have a piece of paper and cross names off, when I'm doing it online - I do the same thing. I use my own player rankings because I'm my own person and I don't want cookie cutter projections - and anyone who has been successful in Fantasy in competitive leagues will be doing the same. Or at least have it in there head where projections differ from their own

11. KeithTalent

Administrator

Both sites have terrible rankings. Maybe one or two individual guys are ok, but once they composite everyone together into a big ranking, they become completely worthless for some reason.

KT

12. BrokenVisage

BrokenVisage Lifer

You don't have to tell me, been doing fantasy for about 15 years now and won my fair share. I make my own cheat sheet ahead of time with players of interest in color-coded highlighter, only look at ESPN/Yahoo rankings out of curiousity. Auction or snake, PPR or TD-weighted, I've seen/done it all and no sheet is the same between leagues because no point system is the same except for some cookie-cutter leagues I'm in.

13. edro

edro Lifer

I think ESPN rankings are good.
    I usually played the players on my roster with the highest projected points, and I won.

14. KeithTalent

Administrator

Any more thoughts on changing the acquisition day? Imported seems to be the only on against so far, but I would like more input. :)

KT

15. AMDZen

AMDZen Lifer

Can you explain exactly what it is we're changing? I've never done FAAB before so for auction leagues it was always just one day a week that you got FA's and whoever was first on the waiver wire and wanted a player, got him. Why should FAAB be any different?

16. KeithTalent

Administrator

The difference is you are bidding for every free agent, so if you decide a player is worth $1 you put in a bid for that and hope nobody bids more, otherwise they get that person. The waiver ranks kick in if there is a tie.

I agree it really should just be one day per week, but I am putting two days to make it more palatable to new people.

KT

17. AMDZen

AMDZen Lifer

So you're changing it from? To?

18. KeithTalent

Administrator

One of the main points of FAAB is to eliminate the first-come first-serve that happens with regular waiver wires. Having these processed pretty much every day, almost makes it like a regular waiver wire process and this change should correct that.

KT

19. AMDZen

AMDZen Lifer

Thats fine I suppose. I prefer just once a week but that is fine too

20. KeithTalent

Administrator

As do I, but I for some reason people are nervous about it. :hmm:

KT

21. wheresmybacon

wheresmybacon Diamond Member

I'm fine with the proposed change.

22. Imported

Imported Lifer

Okay with the change. Thought about it some more - tough luck if something happens. :)

23. KeithTalent

Administrator

Good stuff! Making the change today; FAAB processing on Wednesday and Saturday at Noon.

:awe:

KT

24. BrokenVisage

BrokenVisage Lifer

Well this is crap, my only TE is hurt and I can't pick up another before kickoff? Could always do this in any other league but forgot this one did waivers Friday night not Saturday. Oh well, hopefully won't even need him.

25. slayer202

slayer202 Lifer

gotta be prepared. he was listed as doubtful on friday