ATOT Fantasy Football League #1 (auction, PPR, FAAB) **FULL**

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

AMDZen

Lifer
Apr 15, 2004
My 2 stud RBs may not play.

Foster has a hurt hamstring.
Johnson is holding out for money.

Foster you have nothing to worry about.

CJ on the other hand, you do - he is clearly going to miss some games, its only a matter of how many.

And no offense to you or the guy who said you had the best team, but Jordy Nelson as your best flex option and Eli Manning as your starting QB option? I definitely don't agree with whoever said that.

dougp

Diamond Member
May 3, 2002
Very little to not at all. Tweaked his hammy is all, he'll sit out the last pre-seas game and be ready to go week 1.

Uh, if you don't think this is going to effect him this season, you're crazy. He injured it in the first play of preseason practice, and now in the third game. I'm not saying he's going to break down completely or whatever, but the Texans have a deep backfield (for once) that they can utilize to keep Foster healthy for a potential playoff run.

AMDZen

Lifer
Apr 15, 2004
Uh, if you don't think this is going to effect him this season, you're crazy. He injured it in the first play of preseason practice, and now in the third game. I'm not saying he's going to break down completely or whatever, but the Texans have a deep backfield (for once) that they can utilize to keep Foster healthy for a potential playoff run.

We'll see

edro

Lifer
Apr 5, 2002
And no offense to you or the guy who said you had the best team, but Jordy Nelson as your best flex option and Eli Manning as your starting QB option? I definitely don't agree with whoever said that.
Right. This 5 man bench is tough.
BTW, I also have Bradford, who will have a great year.

Foster's injury is definitely a worry. It could pop up anytime throughout the season.

dougp

Diamond Member
May 3, 2002
Right. This 5 man bench is tough.
BTW, I also have Bradford, who will have a great year.

Foster's injury is definitely a worry. It could pop up anytime throughout the season.

You should trade me Calvin Johnson for Brandon Jacobs! ;)

Imported

Lifer
Sep 2, 2000
Someone could save from bidding in waivers (even if a $1) if they wanted him and I may get some random backup. But he'll probably be dropped anyways..

edro

Lifer
Apr 5, 2002
I was bored, so I averaged the position rank of everyone's roster and bench.
If they had a blank because they were a star rookie, I gave them a 50, or if it was a kicker, I gave them a 32. If they were a lower round rookie or unknown, I gave them a 100.

This doesn't make much sense, as QB, RB, WR are weighted more heavily than D/ST and K... but what the hell. Let's see how it tracks against the ending records.

Cleveland: 17.9
Connoisseur: 18.9
Imported: 19.9
Purple: 22.6
Slayer: 26.2
Edro: 26.6
Crave: 28.6
Zen: 29.5
Butt: 30.2
Dutch: 35.1
Wu-Tang: 35.6
Texas: 39.2

slayer202

Lifer
Nov 27, 2005
Interesting. But are those player ranks based on last year's stats? Those are the only ranks I can find on there. Wouldn't be that accurate :/ Interested to see how it turns out anyway

hmm, seems it is based on last year's. Cleveland's guys are all ranked very high, texas has some very low guys on his bench. Unfortunately I don't think those averages will mean very much :( The effort is appreciated though. Maybe we can figure out how to improve it

dougp

Diamond Member
May 3, 2002
Interesting. But are those player ranks based on last year's stats? Those are the only ranks I can find on there. Wouldn't be that accurate :/ Interested to see how it turns out anyway

hmm, seems it is based on last year's. Cleveland's guys are all ranked very high, texas has some very low guys on his bench. Unfortunately I don't think those averages will mean very much :( The effort is appreciated though. Maybe we can figure out how to improve it

I think it'll be interesting to see the preseason rankings (based off last year?) vs. week 1, week 8 and so on - just to see improvement. I took a lot of gambles in this league as opposed to league 2, so I'm interested to see how it comes out.

slayer202

Lifer
Nov 27, 2005
Is there any way to see rankings on the espn page? I'm not seeing shit. I don't want to go through the main espn list and have to see what team has what players etc.

Under the players tab, you can see points projections. I'm not sure I want to add all those up though. Here are the full season projected points for my starting lineup, defense and kicker NOT included:

I'd be surprised if I wasn't very close to the lowest in the league. I didn't have a very good draft and I think ESPN is underestimating a couple of my guys, but still, quite low.

For example, my team in league two is projected for 1669.3

slayer202

Lifer
Nov 27, 2005
Here are your numbers Doug, I'll see how motivated I am to go through the teams

League 1:
KT - 1702.7
Doug - 1547.8
Slayer - 1494.3

League 2:
KT - 1682
Slayer - 1669.3
Sunny - 1520.7
Doug - 1498.7

The Commissioner is hustling us all. I'm getting bored adding these up. If anyone wants to take over and do a few, feel free.

Last edited:

dougp

Diamond Member
May 3, 2002

League 1:
KT - 1702.7
Doug - 1547.8
Slayer - 1494.3

League 2:
KT - 1682
Slayer - 1669.3
Sunny - 1520.7
Doug - 1498.7

The Commissioner is hustling us all. I'm getting bored adding these up. If anyone wants to take over and do a few, feel free.

I'm not fond of ESPN's scouting or a lot of their layout. I did prefer their draft application, and we'll need to see how it adds up once the games start. I really wish they had weekly projections.

slayer202

Lifer
Nov 27, 2005
I don't like any of ESPN's stuff either, except for the drafting which you mentioned. Not sure why they don't have weekly projections. Maybe they will when it gets closer to game day?

Imported

Lifer
Sep 2, 2000

League 1:
KT - 1702.7
Doug - 1547.8
Slayer - 1494.3

League 2:
KT - 1682
Slayer - 1669.3
Sunny - 1520.7
Doug - 1498.7

Did you add defense and kicker? My numbers seem a bit high.. especially league one where I screwed myself in the draft.

League 1:
Imported - 1529.6

League 2:
Imported - 1603.1

Edit: Corrected to not include K/DT.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
**IMPORTANT QUESTION, PLEASE READ AND POST YOUR THOUGHTS**

Hey all, I was just looking at the league and noticed the default FAAB settings are set to Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday at 11 AM. To me this removes a lot of the purpose of FAAB, which is to give everyone a shot at free agents by getting a bid in for whatever you think they are worth.

I know we are finished the draft, but I propose making one change to the acquisition settings to make the FAAB more relevant.

PROPOSAL: Change acquisition processing to Wednesday and Saturday only.
So this will give you Monday and Tuesday to get bids in after the Sunday game barrage, then Saturday gives you time to adjust for anything that may have happened in practice, but prior to games on Sunday.

I am very much in favour of this change, but please vote here/post your comments in favour or against.

Thanks for reading and sorry the lateness of this change request.

KT

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005

League 1:
KT - 1702.7
Doug - 1547.8
Slayer - 1494.3

League 2:
KT - 1682
Slayer - 1669.3
Sunny - 1520.7
Doug - 1498.7

Hey I look good on paper! :awe: Too bad that means absolutely nothing. :(

KT

Last edited:

Imported

Lifer
Sep 2, 2000
Let's not... :)

I'm ok with the change, but I also like the idea of getting free agents without competition. :)

I also like the idea of getting free agents without competition.. even if its only for a day. FAAB until Wednesday, another FAAB til Saturday morning, then free for all from Saturday to Sunday morning?

One thing I like about Yahoo's FAAB is you can bid $0.. I don't think you can do that for ESPN.