ATOT fads you don't miss

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BillGates

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2001
The neverending car threads fad by NFS4 got old rather quickly.

Wait a minute.......
rolleye.gif

brtspears2

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2000
Perhaps its time to start a new one ...

WDTSFCS - why doesnt this stop for christ sake.

Maetryx

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2001
Happykitten's constant search for approval in spite of her obvious (and self aware) universal visual appeal (i.e. a hot chick)

pulse8

Lifer
May 3, 2000
Originally posted by: Maetryx
Happykitten's constant search for approval in spite of her obvious (and self aware) universal visual appeal (i.e. a hot chick)

How was that a fad and not just an odd annoyance that seems to still bother you? :)

The pics thing was definitely the worse.

Maetryx

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2001
Originally posted by: pulse8

How was that a fad and not just an odd annoyance that seems to still bother you? :)

The fad part was the young men lined up to approve and defend anything she said. But you're right. It was mostly a personal annoyance and not a fad. Just wanted to think of something that wasn't said yet.

skace

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
Well can't say I don't miss this, but wish it would go away! The fricken quoting. 2 scenarios:
First scenario is when the post is like a yes and no answer and 1 person posts yes and the next person actually has to quote the person that posted yes like it is a huge word to type. The second is when people want to reply to someone who replied to someone else, but instead of just quoting what that person said, they quote what they quoted as well, causing this fvcking pyramid of quotes to form.

As far as the actual syntax for quoting, I like the way it is done now, but wish it was condensed (no spacing in between the bars and text) and a smaller font than regular text.

The other thing I wish I could miss, but can't since it won't go away either, is when someone posts repost like 30 posts in. It is one thing to tell someone their post is a repost when no one has responded and they are probably wondering why / etc. It is another when like 15 people are in a discussion and someone comes in just to tell them that this is a repost from like 1996 and since everyone reads every post since the board was created, this is a waste of bandwith.

Kev

Lifer
Dec 17, 2001
I hate it when people screw up the quoting and create an italics/unended quote virus.

Then every douche who quotes after that creates a horribly formatted message.

Stark

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2000
Originally posted by: pulse8

The fad part was the young men lined up to approve and defend anything she said. But you're right. It was mostly a personal annoyance and not a fad. Just wanted to think of something that wasn't said yet.

She's done a good job remaking her image. :p

My vote is for Ebonics (homo)Erotic Experience posts. Random posts with either a black-pride or gay-pride theme. No other posts in any other thread about any other topic.

Dey wuz da trolltimate! Oh wait... he's back. :eek:

hudster

Aug 28, 2000
Originally posted by: FrustratedUser
Originally posted by: xospec1alk
what the hell is AYBABTU ?
All Your Base Are Belong To Us

That gets my vote...and thanks to xospec1alk for attempting to refer to it without actually saying it.