ATOT fads you don't miss

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Spac3d

Banned
Jul 3, 2001
Although it is still going on, the alternative spellings I will not miss. I am so sick of people typing "teh" and that other crap.

Spac3d

BillGates

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2001
Originally posted by: rpbri2886
When people list their entire computer on one long list in their signnature.

Heh, there was one dude the other day who had that....I'm not sure if it was a joke or not, but it was a laptop that was like a 120MHz Pentium with 32MB of RAM, etc... A total sh*tbox.... Hopefully it was a joke - I'll try to find it.

BHeemsoth

Platinum Member
Jul 30, 2002
Originally posted by: BillGates

Heh, there was one dude the other day who had that....I'm not sure if it was a joke or not, but it was a laptop that was like a 120MHz Pentium with 32MB of RAM, etc... A total sh*tbox.... Hopefully it was a joke - I'll try to find it.

LOL try to find it man

BillGates

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2001

LOL try to find it man

So far, no luck. I don't think that signatures are part of a search when you search thread bodies.... I'll have to try to retrace my steps, but I've been in a lot of threads in the past few days.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

LOL try to find it man

So far, no luck. I don't think that signatures are part of a search when you search thread bodies.... I'll have to try to retrace my steps, but I've been in a lot of threads in the past few days.

everyusernameistaken has that sig.

SaltBoy

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2001
This is more of an Internet fad, but I hate ROFL. Nobody, I repeat, NOBODY literally rolls on the floor laughing while surfing the web.

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
*OFFICIAL*
In Russia, all your base and fads are belong to us because they got ibtl, and got pwned by the mean mod.
*CONFIRMED*

ps
It's peanutbutterjellytime!

Ketteringo

Banned
Feb 2, 2002
Originally posted by: ThePresence
Originally posted by: dullard
Originally posted by: Ameesh
Originally posted by: GrumpyMan
Incessant quoting.
With quotes inside of quotes? Making it so long that you have to scroll 2 pages just to get to the one word response?
Like this?

Yeah, I sort of like the old way of quoting. Just the italics...

I think the new quotes are easier to read though, and to discern who the author was.

psianime

Golden Member
Mar 16, 2002
Originally posted by: ANY5546
Originally posted by: ThePresence
Originally posted by: Ameesh
Originally posted by: GrumpyMan
Incessant quoting.
With quotes inside of quotes? Making it so long that you have to scroll 2 pages just to get to the one word response?
Like this?

Yeah, I sort of like the old way of quoting. Just the italics...

I think the new quotes are easier to read though, and to discern who the author was.

What fad?

-psianime

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002
ATOT is almost a seperate entity to the rest of AT. Many people who post in ATOT have very little interest in the rest of the forums, which also kick ass, so they generally do things like stick to ATOT/HD etc, a limited selection of the many fascinating forum bits on offer.