atlantis MAY have been found

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

thehstrybean

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 2004
Atlantis is in the Pegasus galaxy right now...

Geez, kids, keep up...

But the whole Crete idea has been around forever...

timosyy

Golden Member
Dec 19, 2003
... I learned this theory back in 9th grade in my World Civilizations class. o_O.

iwantanewcomputer

Diamond Member
Apr 4, 2004
Originally posted by: Horus
Well, greek cities tended to be built around a central location, the Agora (Market). It's a possibility that the Minoans took it to the next step and LITERALLY built a city around the Agora. We have no idea. But it's NOT Atlantis. There would be SOME evidence of a hugely advanced society SOMEWHERE if they truely did exist.

does this first scentence, or the rest of the post for that matter, make any sense?

daniel1113

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
Originally posted by: iwantanewcomputer
Originally posted by: Horus
Well, greek cities tended to be built around a central location, the Agora (Market). It's a possibility that the Minoans took it to the next step and LITERALLY built a city around the Agora. We have no idea. But it's NOT Atlantis. There would be SOME evidence of a hugely advanced society SOMEWHERE if they truely did exist.

does this first scentence, or the rest of the post for that matter, make any sense?

Yes, it made perfect sense. Anything else?

Jawo

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2005
Thanks for the links OP! Very informative....it would be nice if the civilization was actually found!

I was watching an interesting show on the History Channel were they think they dated the Jewish Exodus from Egypt to 3500 BC if I remember correctly. Their reasons were rather sound.

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
I thought Plato's story of Atlantis involved sailing beyond the straits of Gibralter? So it cannot be something in the Mediterranean...

confused1234

Banned
Jun 17, 2006
Originally posted by: lozina
I thought Plato's story of Atlantis involved sailing beyond the straits of Gibralter? So it cannot be something in the Mediterranean...

that seems to be the only thing that is weird. in fact the drawing he made of atlantics VERY closely resembles the city that was on santorini so who knows.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
yes this is one of the most common theoys about atlantis, the explosiuon of santorini is also the cause of many other ancient storys

the eruption was so big and displace so much water its speculated that the tidalwave it produced was the soruce of the noahs flod type storys and the ammnt of sh!t it tossed into the air blocked out the sun as far away as egypt

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: Anubis
yes this is one of the most common theoys about atlantis, the explosiuon of santorini is also the cause of many other ancient storys

the eruption was so big and displace so much water its speculated that the tidalwave it produced was the soruce of the noahs flod type storys and the ammnt of sh!t it tossed into the air blocked out the sun as far away as egypt

i wonder if it caused the filling of the black sea basin?

Mar 22, 2002
Originally posted by: confused1234
Originally posted by: KLin
Was it right next to the fountain of youth?

sigh....if you would have taken the time to actually read the articles i posted you would have learned that everything fits.....

But he's a lifer, that would make too much sense :p I've also theorized that if Atlantis was anywhere, it was definitely in that area. Neat info :thumbsup: