Atlanta Paper apologizes for putting Madonna /Spears Kiss on Front Page

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
Awww Moonie, I don't wish you were wrong, what is simply is.

Phuz

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2000
Originally posted by: Corn
Awww Moonie, I don't wish you were wrong, what is simply is.

Good thing your not a lawyer, you couldn't debate your way out of a paper bag.

"Your honor, my client is not guilty. I rest my case."

Phuz

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2000
Originally posted by: Fausto1
Originally posted by: pickel
It's obvious that the free minded here aren't in the businees of raising children. Open Lesbianism is the last thing we to have paraded on the front page of a newspaper. We should try to hold ourselves to a higher standard and develop self pride in the traditions of this great country we live. Sure , it's nice for the boys to coo and hiss when these celebrities show their ass but leave the kids out of it. Let them grow and mature without BS like this shoved in front of them. If you don't see my point, then I know you've got problems.
I wholeheartedly disagree. There have always been, and will always be things in the world deemed offensive by some. Burying your children's heads in the sand won't "save" them from these things; they'll encounter them eventually and be totally unprepared to deal with them taking your parenting approach. Your job as a parent isn't to shield kids from the world, it's to help them filter and interpret the good and the bad they might be exposed to on any given day.

Fausto's got it!

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
Good thing your not a lawyer, you couldn't debate your way out of a paper bag.

Why do you hate yourself so much, Phuz?

....and who's arguing?

rjain

Golden Member
May 1, 2003
Originally posted by: pickel
It's obvious that the free minded here aren't in the businees of raising children. Open Lesbianism is the last thing we to have paraded on the front page of a newspaper. We should try to hold ourselves to a higher standard and develop self pride in the traditions of this great country we live. Sure , it's nice for the boys to coo and hiss when these celebrities show their ass but leave the kids out of it. Let them grow and mature without BS like this shoved in front of them. If you don't see my point, then I know you've got problems.

So did you find Al and Tipper Gore's kiss to be highly offensive and destructive to our social structure? Or are your kids only allowed to see certain people kiss and not others?

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
OK Lizard Fairy queen, settle down ;)

You know what's funny though? The Atlanta Journal-Constitution will find out that they sold more papers than they ever have with the "lesbo smooch" on the front page. Next week, they'll probably run a shot of J-Lo's ass on page one and the "apologies" will start all over again.

conehead433

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2002
"Next week, they'll probably run a shot of J-Lo's ass on page one and the "apologies" will start all over again."

Personally I'd like to see more pictures of J-Lo's ass, too.

PatboyX

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2001
Originally posted by: conehead433
"Next week, they'll probably run a shot of J-Lo's ass on page one and the "apologies" will start all over again."

Personally I'd like to see more pictures of J-Lo's ass, too.

i thought you meant they were just going to run it and apologize on behalf of her ass for not getting enough press lately.

Wag

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
So I wonder what would happen if they put a black man kissing a white woman on the front page?

Lucky

Lifer
Nov 26, 2000
what a weak kneed managing editor. the people at that paper are dumbasses though, every newspaper in america thought twice about running it anywhere, and they run it as a teaser on the front to a 4 column photo inside? They should have known the complaints from the fundies, however idiotic, would come rolling in.

rjain

Golden Member
May 1, 2003
Originally posted by: Wag
So I wonder what would happen if they put a black man kissing a white woman on the front page?

The whole universe would implode in moral outrage. Existence would cease.