Atlanta Paper apologizes for putting Madonna /Spears Kiss on Front Page

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Atlanta Paper Apologizes for Spears-Madonna Photo on Front Page

The picture, not much bigger than a postage stamp, was near the top of Friday's front page.
A larger version of the picture was in the Living section.

The sloppy kiss picture elicited a deluge of complaints to the newspaper.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Southerners, I'm sorry, get a life.
Like they've never "sloppy kissed" in their life and never seen two women doing it.
rolleye.gif

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
With people out of work they have nothing to do. Complaining is better than nothing.

And I'm jealous too.

bulldawg

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
With people out of work they have nothing to do. Complaining is better than nothing.

And I'm jealous too.

So they don't have a right to complain about the things they find offensive?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: bulldawg

And I'm jealous too.

Of course not. Don't you know that all feelings of disgust originate with the self. It's all about trying not to remember what happened when you stepped out of line and how disgusted others were with you. Yeah, nobody has a right to criticize anybody for anything. You're just seeing yourself. Don't criticize so you can start to heal. Criticize and you feed your self hate. You always hurt the one you love, and the one you love, it ought to be you.

bulldawg

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999

And I'm jealous too.

Of course not. Don't you know that all feelings of disgust originate with the self. It's all about trying not to remember what happened when you stepped out of line and how disgusted others were with you. Yeah, nobody has a right to criticize anybody for anything. You're just seeing yourself. Don't criticize so you can start to heal. Criticize and you feed your self hate. You always hurt the one you love, and the one you love, it ought to be you.

Blah, blah, blah. Good God at the crap you see on this board.

rjain

Golden Member
May 1, 2003

And I'm jealous too.

I find your desire to be offended offensive.

bulldawg

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: rjain

And I'm jealous too.

I find your desire to be offended offensive.

I don't have a desire to be offended. I just get sick of the double standard BS around here. I really don't care what the AJ publishes.

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999

You'll have to excuse Moonbeam of his obsessive compulsive disorder to criticise the critical. You hate yourself dude, that is all you need to know......that and Moonbeam is light years ahead of us all, but whatever you do, don't go off calling his critiques "pop psychology", he's a serious artist and that'll just piss him off some.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
If anything, we need more sloppy girl-girl kisses on the front pages of our newspapers. I'd much rather see that than pix of some more dead Iraqis//US Troops or Palestinians/Israelis. The puritanical busybodies in our country can kiss muh grits, sugah.

:p

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
If anything, we need more sloppy girl-girl kisses on the front pages of our newspapers. I'd much rather see that than pix of some more dead Iraqis//US Troops or Palestinians/Israelis. The puritanical busybodies in our country can kiss muh grits, sugah.

:p

They run something other than Dead bodies for once in a lifetime and apologize for it.
rolleye.gif

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: Corn

You'll have to excuse Moonbeam of his obsessive compulsive disorder to criticise the critical. You hate yourself dude, that is all you need to know......that and Moonbeam is light years ahead of us all, but whatever you do, don't go off calling his critiques "pop psychology", he's a serious artist and that'll just piss him off some.
Man you got that right even though you got a cob up your ass. It's light years away there's a pop psychology anything like mine. And it ain't about art; it's all about where you been. And lay off the sophistry, it won't get you nowhere. There's nothing critical about light. It just shows what is. How you see is the mirror of your mind. Oh my Beloved, everywhere I look it appears to be Thou.

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
Why do people find the Madonna Brittany kiss outrageous ?
Now if the AJ would have publishe a Oday & Qusay wet kiss in the bunker photo - now THAT would have been Outrageous.
(And been more accepted, too)

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Here's an example of the letters the AJC received.

I have never been so disappointed in The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. To put it bluntly, I'm mad as hell, and it makes my stomach turn to see such trash on the front of the newspaper.

How do we expect to raise a generation of children who are healthy mentally, physically and sexually with inappropriate images in every form of media there is? Will you not accept your role in helping to raise Atlanta's children?

The sad part about this is that you will write about our children and their high teen pregnancy rate, low SAT scores, children out of wedlock and the rising cases of AIDS without taking any responsibility for your role in the problem.

You need to be better than that.

"Will you not accept your role in helping to raise Atlanta's children?" What? WTF is that all about? Pics of Hussein's sons all shot to sh*t are fine but a stupid pseudo-lesbo "buy our albums" publicity stunt is somehow implicated in all problems of today's youth?

People are stupid and the AJC is utterly spineless for printing an apology over something so completely trivial.

PatboyX

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2001
why does it matter enough to elicit an apology? it is news, no? perhaps not fantastically important news but it is. and people who read the article and didnt see would like to see a picture, im sure. yes, they have a right to complain and i dont dispute that. i just hope the paper wasnt bullied into believing that something they once felt was acceptable is suddenly unacceptable.

also: i agree about this being considered an issue of what is good for the children. especially in light of the above example.

pickel

Jul 29, 2003
It's obvious that the free minded here aren't in the businees of raising children. Open Lesbianism is the last thing we to have paraded on the front page of a newspaper. We should try to hold ourselves to a higher standard and develop self pride in the traditions of this great country we live. Sure , it's nice for the boys to coo and hiss when these celebrities show their ass but leave the kids out of it. Let them grow and mature without BS like this shoved in front of them. If you don't see my point, then I know you've got problems.

datalink7

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001

And I'm jealous too.

Don't be disgusted at the child rapist. If you are it is not because he is doing something wrong, but rather because you hate yourself. Love him/her instead!

rolleye.gif

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
Man you got that right even though you got a cob up your ass. It's light years away there's a pop psychology anything like mine. And it ain't about art; it's all about where you been. And lay off the sophistry, it won't get you nowhere. There's nothing critical about light. It just shows what is. How you see is the mirror of your mind. Oh my Beloved, everywhere I look it appears to be Thou.

See what I mean bulldawg, I've made him angry, just look how easy that was. While Moonie thinks that what he does here isn't art, that doesn't mean he doesn't have the heart or soul of an artist, you can just taste the indignation dripping from his post when compared to the soulless pop psychologists schlepping their wares.

This guy does a better job at being Moonie than Moonie does.........probably because he's the original..........POP!!!!

....and I know Moonie, I know.......I hate myself. [/concilliate Moonie]

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
Don't be disgusted at the child rapist. If you are it is not because he is doing something wrong, but rather because you hate yourself. Love him/her instead!

:D

That's what I love about Moonie, he hasn't quite thought it all through yet......but he says it with such authoratuh!!!

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001
Originally posted by: Fausto1
Here's an example of the letters the AJC received.

I have never been so disappointed in The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. To put it bluntly, I'm mad as hell, and it makes my stomach turn to see such trash on the front of the newspaper.

How do we expect to raise a generation of children who are healthy mentally, physically and sexually with inappropriate images in every form of media there is? Will you not accept your role in helping to raise Atlanta's children?

The sad part about this is that you will write about our children and their high teen pregnancy rate, low SAT scores, children out of wedlock and the rising cases of AIDS without taking any responsibility for your role in the problem.

You need to be better than that.

"Will you not accept your role in helping to raise Atlanta's children?" What? WTF is that all about? Pics of Hussein's sons all shot to sh*t are fine but a stupid pseudo-lesbo "buy our albums" publicity stunt is somehow implicated in all problems of today's youth?

People are stupid and the AJC is utterly spineless for printing an apology over something so completely trivial.

If the parents took responsibility for raising their own children, instead of having someone, something else raise their kids, in this case a newspaper. Pretty pathetic.

KK

sMiLeYz

Platinum Member
Feb 3, 2003
Think of the children!

Less kisses, more dead bodies of Iraqi's/paletsinians/Isreali's/US soldiers on front pages!

Oh won't someone think of the children!?!??!

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: Corn

See what I mean bulldawg, I've made him angry, just look how easy that was. While Moonie thinks that what he does here isn't art, that doesn't mean he doesn't have the heart or soul of an artist, you can just taste the indignation dripping from his post when compared to the soulless pop psychologists schlepping their wares.

This guy does a better job at being Moonie than Moonie does.........probably because he's the original..........POP!!!!

....and I know Moonie, I know.......I hate myself. [/concilliate Moonie]

Oh man, I'm really violent now. Damn Corn, you've got me by the nuts. Oh and that "POP!!!!" part.... it put me right over the edge. :D

One big dif between me and that guy, Corn is he's got an easy answer for sale whereas I say you don't have much chance. You choose not to know (that you hate yourself) It's the last thing we want to see.

And look at how goofy you get, wow man check this out:

"Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's what I love about Moonie, he hasn't quite thought it all through yet......but he says it with such authoratuh!!!"
----------------------------
There ya go getting drunk on somebody else's cork. Poor datalink, please try to think. The opposite of not feeling disgust isn't feeling praise. You put child rapists away in jail. You don't have to vomit all over yourself. You do that for the love of children so that they aren't harmed. You don't do it out of hate for the rapist. He's just a sad sick case. The more proper feeling is sorrow that we live in a world that's this way.

And yes, Corn, I know my authoritativeness is a problem for you because of the message I bring, but your wish and fervent hope that I'm wrong, not quite thought through as you put it, is only a desperate pipe dream. The alpha and omega all hang tight in the eye of the storm.

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Originally posted by: pickel
It's obvious that the free minded here aren't in the businees of raising children. Open Lesbianism is the last thing we to have paraded on the front page of a newspaper. We should try to hold ourselves to a higher standard and develop self pride in the traditions of this great country we live. Sure , it's nice for the boys to coo and hiss when these celebrities show their ass but leave the kids out of it. Let them grow and mature without BS like this shoved in front of them. If you don't see my point, then I know you've got problems.
I wholeheartedly disagree. There have always been, and will always be things in the world deemed offensive by some. Burying your children's heads in the sand won't "save" them from these things; they'll encounter them eventually and be totally unprepared to deal with them taking your parenting approach. Your job as a parent isn't to shield kids from the world, it's to help them filter and interpret the good and the bad they might be exposed to on any given day.