ATI's IMAGEON? 2300

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
LINKY

EXCEPRT:

The IMAGEON? 2300 is ATI's latest generation of media co-processor designed to enable manufacturers of mobile telephones and PDA's to deliver an exciting 3D multimedia experience to end users. And for the carriers utilizing the new higher bandwidth 2.5 and 3G networks, the IMAGEON processors provide features such as 3D gaming, Video/Image capture (MMS), and MPEG 4 playback.

:beer:

Shockwave

Banned
Sep 16, 2000
Cause PCS is able to stream TV to your phone. So, they'll probably try to implement this chip somehow to get better quality pictures on your phone, plus the added features of whatever else.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Originally posted by: WinkOsmosis
Why do you need a freaking 3d card in your phone? That's ridiculous.

No way. I have a phone that does almost everything. More! Have to have more bloat!!! :D

79Blazer

Golden Member
Nov 12, 2003
Next we'll be seeing posts "OCing my (insert phone model here), are these good temps? Or do I need a bigger H/S?"

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
HardOCP has a vid of the IMAGEON 2300 playing Quake.

From HardOCP:

Play Quake on Phone:

We have all seen phone apps with games and such that sort of look like real 3D, but ATI opened our eyes at CES. The pictures below show id's original Quake actually running in full OpenGL glory on a 240x320 screen that is perfect for mobile phone applications. The power behind the 3D engine is the ATI Imageon 2300, which is a hybrid of technologies that exist within ATI.

In creating the Imageon 2300, we have used some proven ATI technology - from multiple ATI GPUs - as well as entirely new technology.

Without a doubt, ATI gets our "coolest thing at CES" award....if we actually had one.

79Blazer

Golden Member
Nov 12, 2003
Originally posted by: GTaudiophile
HardOCP has a vid of the IMAGEON 2300 playing Quake.

From HardOCP:

Play Quake on Phone:

We have all seen phone apps with games and such that sort of look like real 3D, but ATI opened our eyes at CES. The pictures below show id's original Quake actually running in full OpenGL glory on a 240x320 screen that is perfect for mobile phone applications. The power behind the 3D engine is the ATI Imageon 2300, which is a hybrid of technologies that exist within ATI.

In creating the Imageon 2300, we have used some proven ATI technology - from multiple ATI GPUs - as well as entirely new technology.

Without a doubt, ATI gets our "coolest thing at CES" award....if we actually had one.

WOW! That looks pretty sweet! I wonder what the final cost of one of those equipped phones will be.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
Quasi-R ... got posted in the "Quake on your cell phone?" thread, but not an ATI.com link.

- M4H

its not a repost if the thread title is completely unintelligible

tk149

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2002
Originally posted by: PoPPeR
hmmmm... mpeg 4 playback... pr0n on my cell phone... wow...
...and then you put the phone up to your ear and it's all sticky...:Q:Q:Q