Atikins question

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002
On induction, can you eat a small scoop of rice or do you have to bannish all rice for that two week period? I tried eating a lot of stuff without rice and I just can't eat it WITHOUT rice. Can I just add a really small scoop?

hjo3

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
As I understand it, you can't have any carbs during induction. So ixnay on the iceray.

Swag1138

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2000
No rice on induction. You have to limit yourself to 20 carbs a day during that two weeks, and it may be longer than two weeks. You need Ketosis Strips to tell when youve reached ketosis.

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002
So if I modified the diet a little to just eat less rice would it help if at all, any?

Regine

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2000
I have a friend who is on a version of Atkins where she can eat carbs during one hour each day.

She is losing weight, just not as much as on a strict Atkins diet, I think.

Swag1138

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2000
Rice is the bane of the atkins diet. Once you reach the maintenance phase, you can have a little now and then, but during induction, rice is a biiig no no.

What induction is, is kickstarting your body into a fat burning metabolism rather than a carbohydrate burning metabolism. Throwing empty carbs like rice in there is counterproductive.