ati2evxx.exe question

wjgollatz

Oct 1, 2004
I haven't been able to find any recent references on how this process is being used. But I have two of them going on my system right now. I read they are involved with key polling and VPU recovery. I do not need key polling.

I thought I had all ATI software moved to the "Trusted" group in Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 for the firewall and application filtering. I found an iteration of it still in "low trusted" when I went to double check it.

If my security software stopped this process from functioning, even if briefly. could it have crashed my graphics card? I am having an intermittent problem with a HD 4830 card. That I can not nail down what causes the problem or how to repeat it (in a little over a week, card stopped, fan goes to 100% and must restart system).

Nafets

Oct 9, 1999
You are correct in your finding of ati2evxx.exe's function. It is not necessary for proper operation of your video card.

I have the ATI Hotkey Poller service set to "Disabled" in the Services menu, with no ill effects on my HD4870 512MB + WinXP x86...