ATI TV Tuner + W2K

Techwhore

Golden Member
Aug 2, 2000
Ok, everything was working fine. What happened was I used to run the sound line into the line in on the outside of my sb live, but I recently moved and can't find that wire :( So i decided to connect it internally to the aux line. To do this properaly I took both my sb live and TV Wonder out so I could read what head was for which connection. When I reseated the cards and booted 2k again, the hardware wizard popped up and initiallized both cards again, but my ATI software ceased to work.

I have the special purpose drivers and am aware that there is a special way to install them, but it's not working... I've removed both the software and all the hardware devices associated with the TV Tuner and reinstalled them, but to no avail... If anyone has some advice, it'd be well appreciated, thanks in advance.

--Liam

EDIT: Figured I'd add that when I say it doesn't work, what happens is it will either show a black screen and receive no signal (when it's set to cable) or sometimes it will even BSOD and reboot... I also put both the SB Live and the TV Tuner back into the same PCI slots I took them out, so I don't think their IRQ's changed, but I may be mistaken.

SemperFi

Platinum Member
Apr 5, 2000
I have the usb version and everytime I unplug it I have to uninstall the software then reinstall it. Needless to say I added my usb expansion and gave it a permanent home.

I have to agree, I wouldn't think pulling out cards and putting back in same slot would bring up new hardware wizard.

Try installing the software it worked for me.

Techwhore

Golden Member
Aug 2, 2000
I've reinstalled both the drivers and the software numerous times to no avail. I also done one and not the other... I'm thinking that if i uninstall the drivers and disable PnP then maybe it'll work.