ATI Tray Tools

jack bauer

Mar 17, 2006
I have a x1800xt 512, and want to use the fan controls and overclocking. The OCing says it's disabled, but did not click to disable it when installing. So, if OCing does not work, is the fan control working? It resets itself each time, even if I have a profile. I have an accelero and it's quiet, can't tell if it's working like I specified in tray tools.

jack bauer

Mar 17, 2006
What, no one can comment on this? The box under fan control (Include in profile) resets after restart. Even if box (load selected) and (after suspended) are checked. I really want to use the fan adjustment. And the "install ATT and click no for overclocking" there is no option. There is a box that says something like "disable" overclocking, but it is left unchecked.

cubeless

Diamond Member
Sep 17, 2001
same issue for me... there's abunch of threads out there about using 'overclocker.exe' to over clock and atitool to do the rest... google around...

i just ended up using ccc... i was able to punch the sliders all the way up (100mhz on both core and mem) and it only oc's when u r in 3d mode and is nice and quiet the rest of the time... in playing with overclocker i wasn't able to get any better results, so this is simpler...

there's supposed to be a bios out there that sets the card to 'pe' specs and might let the ccc oc it more, but i haven't had time to chase that down yet...

Munky

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2005
I just used Riva Tuner to keep the fan at 100% all the time (using the accelero, not stock cooler).

Powermoloch

Lifer
Jul 5, 2005
ati tool is kinda neat...found out my x850xt fan running @ 13 % , kinda surprising. So I step up the speed, and the noise got pretty obvious when ya hit 50 % :p

josh6079

Diamond Member
Mar 17, 2006
Originally posted by: jack bauer
I dont see a fan control option for ati tool

Are you sure you're not getting "ATI Tool" and "ATI Tray Tools" confused? They are two different programs. ATI Tray Tools is what it sounds like your using with the disable overclocking feature and the checkboxes. (ATI Tool simply asks "Yes" or "No") I found out the hard way myself to be honest. ATI Tool Beta 14 (I think its version is like 0.25 or something) is what you need for Voltage/Fan/and other settings for overclocking. ATI Tray Tools is what you basically use to replace the greater memory usage of the CCC (Basically use ATI Tray Tools instead of CCC).

josh6079

Diamond Member
Mar 17, 2006
Why? Doesn't CCC take up more memory and limit you to the 690/800 frequency setting? I mean, at least with ATI Tool you can go from 691/801 to whatever frequency your card can take.

josh6079

Diamond Member
Mar 17, 2006
That's why you use "ATI Tray Tools" a program that replaces your CCC, allowing you to make AA/AF adjustments and such. Then you use "ATI Tool" to hlep you overclock, control voltages, and manage your fan speeds, etc. Like I said, they are both seperate programs. "ATI Tray Tool" is one program you need, and "ATI Tool" is another program you need.