ATI Releases D3D 9700 Patch

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
Originally posted by: scottrico
Good find.
thanks

Yes, but don't you think it would have been better if they would have put it into the driver, and called it a new one?

Orbius

Golden Member
Oct 13, 1999
It fixes it, what do you want an ATi rep to come to your house and personally install it for you?

Smilin

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2002
Originally posted by: Orbius
It fixes it, what do you want an ATi rep to come to your house and personally install it for you?

And clean up the dog poop in my yard while he's at it.

:D

rbV5

Lifer
Dec 10, 2000
Yes, but don't you think it would have been better if they would have put it into the driver, and called it a new one?
Yea, why not wait a few more weeks.

lung

Apr 17, 2002
Yeah, I would so much rather not be able to play a bunch of games on my new video card just so that instead of it being a patch that fixes the issues, it is an "official driver release."
rolleye.gif

I may be totally wrong with this, but Muadib, do you own a 9700 Pro and play those games? I ask because it sounds like either or both of those things may not be true in your case. Why would anyone want to wait for fixes to be made? I could understnad it if the issue was to do with some ancient game that hardly anyone plays anymore like Full Throttle or Duke Nukem, but we are talking about brand new games that tons of people are playing. I would much rather have to install a patch or two until the full drivers come out.

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
Originally posted by: Orbius

If she's cute, heck yeah!!! Just be sure she brings a nice bottle of wine, and to wear something hot.:D

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
Originally posted by: lung
Yeah, I would so much rather not be able to play a bunch of games on my new video card just so that instead of it being a patch that fixes the issues, it is an "official driver release."
rolleye.gif

I may be totally wrong with this, but Muadib, do you own a 9700 Pro and play those games? I ask because it sounds like either or both of those things may not be true in your case. Why would anyone want to wait for fixes to be made? I could understnad it if the issue was to do with some ancient game that hardly anyone plays anymore like Full Throttle or Duke Nukem, but we are talking about brand new games that tons of people are playing. I would much rather have to install a patch or two until the full drivers come out.

Why would it take anymore time than it did to make the patch to begin with? I think it's you who doesn't get it. I never said create a brand new driver, just incorporate the patch into the current driver, and call it Driver Build 6.13.10.6144!!! ATI biggest problem has been past issues with their drivers. Just do a search on 9700, and see how many people fear buying it due to fear of crappy drivers, or taking forever to produce new ones. Doing it my way would have help to solve their pr problems, as well as take care of those who already bought the card.

rbV5

Lifer
Dec 10, 2000
taking forever to produce new ones. Doing it my way would have help to solve their pr problems, as well as take care of those who already bought the card.

The card speaks for itself, no PR problems there. "You're way" solves nothing, why download the whole damn driver when you just need to install a small patch? Open your eyes...ATI is addressing the few minor issues raised so far in remarkable time. The "ATI = Poor drivers" argument is very tired. Bitch about no drivers...bitch about too many drivers...bitch about patches...boohoo

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
Originally posted by: rbV5
taking forever to produce new ones. Doing it my way would have help to solve their pr problems, as well as take care of those who already bought the card.

The card speaks for itself, no PR problems there. "You're way" solves nothing, why download the whole damn driver when you just need to install a small patch? Open your eyes...ATI is addressing the few minor issues raised so far in remarkable time. The "ATI = Poor drivers" argument is very tired. Bitch about no drivers...bitch about too many drivers...bitch about patches...boohoo

Whatever.
rolleye.gif