ATI Radeon 9700 Drivers?

n1vy

Aug 19, 2002
I recently got this card, and I was wondering what drivers would be optimal for Gaming use. Mostly in Half-Life:Counter-Strike, and Unreal Tournament 2003.

Ive had problems with FORCING V-SYNC on which Im still not able to do.
So i decided to format and start all over again(tried the stupid directx drivers)

So far i've heard Windows 2000+Default CD Drivers is a good combo, it allows v-sync, but im not sure about that.

Id like to use XP but whatever gives me the best performance would be appreciated, what do you guys think?
Drivers:
Directx Version:

Thanks

Slappy00

Golden Member
Jun 17, 2002
I have win2k + 2.4 drivers, everything peachy. You can enable/disable vsync by r-cliking on the background ->properties ->settings->advanced-> Direct3d (tab) -> at the bottom there is toggle checkmark to enable/disable the feature ("wait for vsync" i think its called). You can also use powerstrip to do this.

Wolfsraider

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2002
i have tried all the drivers and am currently using directx9 beta and rco drivers

i haven't had any problems(except that the directx9 beta won't let me watch movies lol it screws up the macrovision)
i quit playing Half-Life:Counter-Strike because its old and just plain ugly,sorry

but i love ut2003:p

i haven't had any problems with vsync but that box only allows you to turn it off or set it to application preference