ATI GSOD Mystery

RadiclDreamer

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2004
Im having trouble figuring out if the infamous GSOD is hardware or software related, does anyone know work arounds? Its getting really old crashing on a new $420 card with the latest 10.3 drivers and a fresh windows load.

digitaldurandal

Golden Member
Dec 3, 2009
AMD had claimed that they thought the issue was fixed, saw an official post about this on HardOCP a few weeks ago when 10.3 first came out, I would go find it and see if they found a solution.

RadiclDreamer

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2004
AMD had claimed that they thought the issue was fixed, saw an official post about this on HardOCP a few weeks ago when 10.3 first came out, I would go find it and see if they found a solution.

I was over there and searched around a bit but its almost like they just stopped talking about it. I'm all for waiting if its software, but id really like to RMA if its hardware related.

digitaldurandal

Golden Member
Dec 3, 2009
If hotfix drivers don't fix it for you, nor the latest drivers. I would put in for an RMA. If the company has a fix, I would imagine tech support will tell you when you call for the RMA. Aside from the latest drivers, the only info I have is that on HardOCP some people were saying they still crashed.

I assume you are using the card with stock speeds, voltages, and BIOS.

OOC which card do you have?

RadiclDreamer

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2004
If hotfix drivers don't fix it for you, nor the latest drivers. I would put in for an RMA. If the company has a fix, I would imagine tech support will tell you when you call for the RMA. Aside from the latest drivers, the only info I have is that on HardOCP some people were saying they still crashed.

I assume you are using the card with stock speeds, voltages, and BIOS.

OOC which card do you have?

The gigabyte " ultra durable" with 2 inclined fans, their tech support doesnt respond for days on end